autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT v. Advanced Swirl Remover

Hey y'all,

I'm looking at getting some new stuff to work out the swirls and scratches on my Jeep and didn't know which would be better...

I was thinking the Intermediate swirl remover or the Advanced Swirl Remover.
    Any suggestions?

Can I use the souveran wax with the XMT line and get as good results?

What glaze/sealant would you recommend to use with these products? I would like to use the same line of Pinnacle products (XMT with XMT, etc.)

If any of it isn't clear, just let me know and I may be able to explain it a little better.

Thanks guys,
    HookEmHorns

Mike Phillips

Re: XMT v. Advanced Swirl Remover

Quote Originally Posted by HookEmHorns View Post
    Hey y'all,

I'm looking at getting some new stuff to work out the swirls and scratches on my Jeep and didn't know which would be better...

I was thinking the Intermediate swirl remover or the Advanced Swirl Remover.
    Any suggestions?
    Of these two swirl removers,

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
    Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

The Advanced Swirl Remover is the more aggressive product and it's only for light swirl removal, basically for a new car still in very good condition or a car you've previously restored but now needs some light follow-up correction work performed.

For something more aggressive stick with the XMT swirl removers like the Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3 and in most cases you can do the finish polishing with Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1

Since every car you work on will have a different paint system and you won't know how the paint is going to react until you go out into the garage and start doing some testing, you really need to have some tools, (products), in your detailing arsenal in order to do the testing keeping in mind that because clear coat paints, and single stage paints for that matter are thin and a good practice is to use the least aggressive product to get the job done, then pick up a few products so you'll have some different option to try when doing your test spots.

In the Pinnacle XMT line there's
    Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1
    Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2
    Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3
    XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 Polishing Compound

As well as a bundled kit,
    Pinnacle XMT Swirl Remover Bundle

Don't forget to check out these two videos if you haven't already.

Video 1 Light Swirl Removal
    Video 2 Intermediate Swirl Removal

Can I use the Souverän wax with the XMT line and get as good results?
    Yes sir.

What glaze/sealant would you recommend to use with these products? I would like to use the same line of Pinnacle products (XMT with XMT, etc.)
    Generally speaking, a polish/glaze would be a product for creating clarity or gloss and a wax/sealant would be for coating over and leaving behind a layer of protection.

Different companies use the words polish, glaze, wax and sealant interchangeably so that causes confusion. After the XMT #1 you could go straight to your choice of wax or paint sealant as it's a fine polish.

If you want to use a non-abrasive polish or glaze after the correction work then there are a lot of options for this type of product, just depends upon how many steps you want to do and what your car care goals are.

Last edited by Mike Phillips; 08-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    If you want to use a non-abrasive polish or glaze after the correction work then there are a lot of options for this type of product, just depends upon how many steps you want to do and what your car care goals are.

Thanks for all the help Mike! You're awesome!

About the glaze and sealant, is there any that you would recommend? And what pads should I use with the glaze and sealant, Black? Blue?

Those videos helped me a ton! I really like how they tell you what they're using, that's exactly what I need to see.

Again, thank you Mike!

HookEmHorns

Mike Phillips

About the glaze and sealant, is there any that you would recommend?
    I'm on my second week here and if you've ever seen any of the pictures Meghan has posted of the warehouse you'll understand when I say I have a lot of product testing to do. Last Friday I used the Pinnacle Brilliance Line for the first car I've buffed out since moving to Florida and this Saturday I'll be testing out another dedicated line or system, so for now I'll let other's chime in and let them make suggestions based upon their experience.

And what pads should I use with the glaze and sealant, Black? Blue?
    If by the word glaze we mean a either a light polish or a non-abrasive polish, that is a product intended to maximize gloss and clarity then I usually use a polishing pad.

If by the word sealant we mean a a finishing paint protectant, whether it's made from natural ingredients or synthetic ingredients or a combination of both then I like to use a foam finishing pad.

Between Monday morning and late last night I generated over 16,000 words of copy in two articles, so if you don't see me active on this forum or any forum it's likely I'm pounding away on a keyboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Between Monday morning and late last night I generated over 16,000 words of copy in two articles, so if you don't see me active on this forum or any forum it's likely I'm pounding away on a keyboard.

Tell Max you want a secretary and then all you need to do is dictate it. Save you lots of typing and give you more time to test products. Aren't there computer programs that do that?
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Tell Max you want a secretary and then all you need to do is dictate it.
    Aren't there computer programs that do that?
    I have Dragon Naturally Speaking but typing, making changes, inserting pictures, creating coded links, this kind of work is too complicated to try to use DNS and it would be incredibly slow dictating it and then telling the secretary what to change and move around.

Good idea, but it doesn't work very well for creating new copy.

Post Thanks / Like

I started using the Advance Swirl Remover by Pinnacle when I first started learning how to use my Porter Cable. I got much better Results out of the Advance Swirl Remover when I didnt know Meguire how to use my Porter Cable then after I had experience and used the XMT #3 #2 and #1.
    IMO Meguires 105 and Menzerna Intensive Polish works alot better. I like using the 105 then the Intensive Polish then Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and finally Wolfgang Paint Sealant
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

We have been thrilled with Wolfgangs TSR. It's fast and removes every swirl, cuts at least a half hour from any job. Might be something to take a look at.
    Knoxville's Premier Automotive and Marine Detailing Company.
    www.TNMobileDetailing.com
    (865) 385-1835

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wedding dress classification

Quote Originally Posted by imbd852 View Post
    There are a variety of wedding dresses, including long sleeve dress, short sleeve dress, cap sleeve dress, spaghetti strap dress, and strapless dress, that can be adapted for each style of wedding dress. The bride also has a number of fabrics from which to choose, such as satin, lace, silk, organza, and tulle. Look to the season and the type of wedding-formal or informal wedding dress, day or evening-for guidance.