autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Souveran-first time use

In my limited experience, applying wax by machine is wasteful, more difficult and less enjoyable than by hand.

Can't wait for my Souveran to arrive, so I can try it for the first time!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, applying Souveran by hand is very enjoyable. If done by a machine, it would take away a lot that is good about Souveran and really reduce the essence of Souveran's use.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like

Its hard to beat the even spread by machine, but I agree for my good waxes, hand application is a must.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

I had to strip Souveran paste wax off my car the other day. The pollen was thick as heck on my black car. I was having to wash, and or QD every day. It drove me crazy.

So while the look was great, it was hard as heck to maintain "in real world" conditions for me.

I'm not bashing Souveran, I like the look, and it's very easy to use. I'm just giving my observation after two weeks on the car in my area.

Once the pollen dies down I will apply the Souveran again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa View Post
    Update:

I had to strip Souveran paste wax off my car the other day. The pollen was thick as heck on my black car. I was having to wash, and or QD every day. It drove me crazy.

So while the look was great, it was hard as heck to maintain "in real world" conditions for me.

I'm not bashing Souveran, I like the look, and it's very easy to use. I'm just giving my observation after two weeks on the car in my area.

So what sealant did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nosbusa View Post
    Update:

unfortunately most waxes do capture some contaminents but do protect rather well against their counterpart. I suggest a warmer look sealant like Wolfgang.

I have also heard alot of success using Fk425 over Souveran which seems to stop some of the capturing effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    unfortunately most waxes do capture some contaminents but do protect rather well against their counterpart. I suggest a warmer look sealant like Wolfgang.

I have also heard alot of success using Fk425 over Souveran which seems to stop some of the capturing effect.
    I wasn't sure if an anti-static product like fk425 was recommended over Souveran. So I didn't use one. After reading your post, I'll try an anti-static product next time I apply the Souveran. By the way Meghan, sent me a sample of the Wolfgang sealant, so I may have to try it as well. Too many products, too little time to apply. lol

Thanks for the tip

Rsurfer, I ended up applying Zaino that I've had for 5-6 months. While it doesn't attrack pollen like Souveran, it doesn't have the glow either. It was also a pain in the you know what to remove. I guess it was the high humidity. Even after thin, thin coats it wasn't dry after 15 hours.

I ended up going back over the car with a wet microfiber cloth to remove the streaks.

I like the looks of Souveran better, and applying was a dream, but the pollen situation was too much. I guess if I didn't mind washing the car two-three times a day, or QDing all the time it wouldn't be so bad. Neighbors were telling me I was going to wash the paint off the car. lol

I'll try killrwheels suggestion and apply an anti-static product over Souveran next time. I have a bunch of DG fast clean and shine along with Z-6. That should work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12