autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Swirl Remover&Polish

I remember someone saying there was a learning curve with Pinnacle Swirl Remover & polish.the front fenders of my firebird turned out great....the hood, both B pillars and my spoiler have swirls like crazy that can only be seen if the light catches them right.i didnt realize untill 2 days later.So im not sure what happend.Im assumeing i did something wrong just because the lack of experience that i have.So what would be some things to look for while useing any swirl remover & polish.
    I do how ever have a question.I hear the term marring used alot.What exactly is marring and how is it created and how can it be prevented?
    So far this site has been nothing but a ton of help for me so thanks in advance.
    Just the weekend hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Swirl Remover&Polish

It may just need another pass to fully correct the paint. You just missed them the first go around or the polish didn't break down 100% and you stopped too early or you may for worked the polish to long and "dry" polished recreating them. The more you use swirl removers and polishes the more you'll be able to see them "flash" (or turn translucent) letting you know it's broken down (thats when you stop and inspect your work). From my under standing marring and scratching are basically the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    It may just need another pass to fully correct the paint. You just missed them the first go around or the polish didn't break down 100% and you stopped too early or you may for worked the polish to long and "dry" polished recreating them. The more you use swirl removers and polishes the more you'll be able to see them "flash" (or turn translucent) letting you know it's broken down (thats when you stop and inspect your work). From my under standing marring and scratching are basically the same.
    ahh that makes sence.i did spend alot more time with the polish on the hood and wing.so ur saying its possible it could have dried up which created new swirls?
    Just the weekend hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is possible. Also I found a better explanation on marring and scratches (credit goes to Anthony O)
    Swirls are micro scratches and are caused from the operator not finishing out their work properly. Halo scratches (or marring) are caused from ordinary washing and drying and normal wear and tear