autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a smokin' deal on Black Label Synergy, is it really worth the money?

I just bought an Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350. I've kind of been obsessing about getting the car as swirl free, glossy and as protected as possible....it is my obtainable dream car after all. I've always wondered about Black Label Synergy, but didn't have the nuts to drop $200 on wax. Then the Memorial Day 20% of came up....and the $50 off Cyber Monday deal came up, so I bought it. I hav a bunch of Adam's products that I've used so far....I clay barred the entire car. The I used the Adam's Paint Correction Compund followed by their Paint Finishing Polish. I as looking for something to preserve the hard work, so for the time being, I put 2 coats of Adam's Paint Sealant on the car.

I ordered the Pinnacle Black Label Synergy because it was a great deal. I read it works really good on lighter colored cars, which helped me choose.

So now....
    1.) is Pinnacle Black Label Synergy worth the money?
    2.) do I have to strip the Adam's Paint Sealant to get the best results or can I just go right over it?
    3.) should I have just gone with a ceramic coating like CQuartz or OPT Gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I got a smokin' deal on Black Label Synergy, is it really worth the money?

1) No (not even on sale)
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

1). It was obviously worth something to you because you bought it.
    2). I would to get the best adherence
    3). Depends on what you're looking for. Use what you bought and report back

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The car is a garage queen...I'm looking for protection, but I was looking for the deepest, glossiest....just painted look. I've been looking a ceramic coatings, but they are semi-permanent....and I've read the give a "synthetic" look....kind of plasticy. I've always clayed, corrected, finish polished, sealed then waxed in the past,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Pass View Post
    The car is a garage queen...I'm looking for protection, but I was looking for the deepest, glossiest....just painted look. I've been looking a ceramic coatings, but they are semi-permanent....and I've read the give a "synthetic" look....kind of plasticy. I've always clayed, corrected, finish polished, sealed then waxed in the past,
    Polish Angel, deep wet look shine:

Polish Angel Viking Coat on my dd White Rogue:

It never looked better than with this stuff:

I'll be doing the Rogue again in the late fall when it cools down, in the meantime I'm maintaining the current Sonax PNS over the summer.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

1. yes
    2. no
    2. no

Use what you have and enjoy it. The Synergy should work fine on top. Don't fret over what you should have done. Be happy with what you end up with. There is always something more optimal out there. You'll be forever discontent if you go unicorn hunting.

I had the same sort of thoughts when I bought Fuzion. Then I realized it is my car, it is my paint, it is my prep, it is my wax and whatever anyone else says doesn't really matter. More importantly, it is my money.

Post Thanks / Like

From the Black Label page, prep for Synergy:

The key to success with Black Label Synergy is a clean foundation. Just as you wouldn't paint a dirty wall, you shouldn't apply a wax to a dirty, contaminated vehicle. Start off by washing and drying the vehicle. Then, cover your hand with a plastic baggy and feel the paint. If it feels bumpy or gritty, then you must clay the surface using Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay. This step will make the paint silky smooth and ready for polishing.

You've already done that^^^^^^

Surface Prep Part II:

Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish is the next step.

This non-abrasive polish removes embedded dirt, road film, previously applied waxes, silicones, polishing oils, and virtually anything else that would prevent Synergy from bonding. Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish can be applied by hand or machine.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

1.)yes, it's super glossy and super durable as well as jmpressive cleaning ability
    2.)yes if you want maximum synergy durability, no if you dont care too much about durability but it will still last over a month
    3.) yes, I use them over my coating which start to degrade and it bring up the gloss, great beads and several months of durability. May be because Synergy is a true wax that really cross-link with ceramic particle.

Cust, I love your pic so much that I ran out to buy an expensive PA black wulfenite, for me it's look good but all other property is not worth at all. Triggers spray is bad for years and PA never care, durability and cleaning property is also worst for the price, lasting less than a week in daily mild rainfall.

Post Thanks / Like

The Synergy I received absolutely emaciated and swirled the heck out of my paint. For application I used the yellow foam pad applicator that they send with it which is the same as on the prodcuts page. It was not contaminated in any way.

My paint was pristine before Synergy:

And it was a swirled out mess after. Their is absolutely no doubt this was from the product. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I took some synergy out of the can and rubbed it between my fingers until it began to heat up and I could clearly feel a grittiness to it.

Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes. Anyone who wants me to try this particular pot of synergy out on their black car can come on by

I had to polish the entire hood out to fix the damage, I was glad I only tested it on the hood.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think you got a bad batch?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast