autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I got a smokin' deal on Black Label Synergy, is it really worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    In my case it's literally in the trash, a long time ago.
    Well next time instead of chucking it I'm always down to try things even if they're the worst things ever. For real. Just PM me
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong I know anythingsome possible. I just know that I've applied synergy a few times without removing polishing oils first. It makes an oily film/residue that will not wipe off the car with traditional methods like waterless wash, car wash shampoo or detail spray.

Under light it looks exactly like swirls. The only reason I figured out it wasn't swirls is because under light the direction of the swirls changed from horizontal to vertical depending on how I wiped with the rag.

The only thing I found that removed it was p21s total auto wash at full strength. It took me a few times to figure it out. Just something to think about. Maybe your can was contaminated it's just not probable that a high end wax from a great company like pinnacle would have grit in it. What would they even have at the wax factory that would even be gritty? The only thing I could think of is a disgruntled employee contaminating it but what's the chances of that?

Don't be offended I'm just sharing what I found out about it. I thought it was swirls at first to but now that I've used it a bunch of times I don't

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I can test sometime today but that grittiness is I believe a high concentration of Carnauba which is why this is a hard wax and not a soft wax. The way you apply it is to spin the foam applicator against the wax while it's in the container which will act to melt the wax and make it soft an not grainy, then apply it over the surface.

I'm not saying you did this, just saying for others reading this into the future, what you don't do is scoop some out of the can and then try to apply it.

I don't have an article, pictures or video showing how to properly use a paste wax but years ago I did write an article on how to properly use M16 - which is like Synergy Paste Wax --> a hard wax.

Hang tight...

Don't you agree that you have to use the surface cleansing polish first. The wax is a hybrid wax/coating it makes a big diffrence

Post Thanks / Like

Full disclosure, the oily film wasn't as bad until I used an acrylic glaze under it. That really made the problem stand out. The issue was still there when I didn't remove the polishing oils but it really stood out when I used the glaze under it.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an old 2-door European job waxed with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy
    (Sorry about the grease stained hands, been doing some car guy projects on my days off and it's hard to clean all the blackened grunge completely off the surface and out of the pores)
    You made me LOL twice this morning, Mike, first calling that Ferrari "an old 2-door European job" and second I got a job once because I apparently had credibility during the interview because I had grease under my fingernails. Later I learned to use one of those nail scrubbers from the side of the GoJo container...not sure if that affected my career...LOL. Of course today I try to wear some nitrile gloves...but that doesn't make for a very good story

Anyway, back to gritty waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You made me LOL twice this morning, Mike, first calling that Ferrari "an old 2-door European job" and second I got a job once because I apparently had credibility during the interview because I had grease under my fingernails. Later I learned to use one of those nail scrubbers from the side of the GoJo container...not sure if that affected my career...LOL. Of course today I try to wear some nitrile gloves...but that doesn't make for a very good story

Anyway, back to gritty waxes.
    Nitrile gloves I have take them off every seconds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    1. yes
    2. no
    2. no

Use what you have and enjoy it. The Synergy should work fine on top. Don't fret over what you should have done. Be happy with what you end up with. There is always something more optimal out there. You'll be forever discontent if you go unicorn hunting.

I had the same sort of thoughts when I bought Fuzion. Then I realized it is my car, it is my paint, it is my prep, it is my wax and whatever anyone else says doesn't really matter. More importantly, it is my money.
    How's the fusion I was thinking of trying it next time just to switch it up. Plus I can put a glaze under it. I could even use it on top of synergy, I bet that would look sick

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an old 2-door European job waxed with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

1998 Ferrari 355 F1 Spyder

Here's what she looked like when she arrived...

All the paint polishing was performed using the RUPES paint polishing system and this is featured car in my RUPES how-to book.

Couple comments about Synergy
    This wax is unlike anything else on the Autogeek website except for maybe some of the Dodo Juice "hard" waxes.

Pinnacle Black Label is a "hard" wax. That is it is hard in the can and after you apply it it is hard on the paint. The benefit is after you wipe off the excess what is left behind is hard on the paint.

The gloss is insane and durability is as good as you can get with a traditional paste wax. I'd put this wax up against M16 any day for durability and I've probably used more M16 than anyone still breathing today.

If you have a car that you like to pamper or if you know someone that has a car that they like to pamper this is a top shelf wax that anyone would love to have on their car's paint.

What made the M16 so great? How come they stopped selling It? I heard it had a toxic chemical

Post Thanks / Like

And here's how we applied it...

Machine Waxing

Next step... seal the paint with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

Most people hand apply their waxes but I'm a machine guy. By this I mean I try to do EVERY step by machine and the reason why is because the human hand cannot compete with a machine when it comes to creating the best results. Period.

First a quick lesson on how to machine apply a wax using the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher with Rupes 4" white foam finishing pads....

Here's the owner machine applying Synergy....

Here's Denis machine applying Synergy while his brother Matt watches.... these two brothers flew to Stuart, Florida from New York just to be a part of this project.

Anyone that gets marring applying a non-abrasive paste wax then something somewhere has gone wrong but the product is non-abrasive.

I use a 5" lc hybrid pad, the jeweling pad. I scrunch it up and stick the whole thing in the can and spin it. That's enough for the whole front end at least. Then when I need more i take the pad off the machine and stick it in again. It might sound like a hassle but it's really not. I only have to do it a few times for a whole suv

The Synergy can lasts forever by the way, I've done 16 coats and it's barley even half gone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    What made the M16 so great?
    It's a Meguiar's trade secret.

I heard it had a toxic chemical
    Kinda; sorta. (See below)

How come they stopped selling It?
    RE: The EPA

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast