autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question WTB: Quality Carnuba Wax

Guys,

I'm a car enthusiasts and enjoy detailing. I love the look of Carnuba wax on my Silver car and was wondering the next best option to the Pinnacle Soverign Carnuba which I would pay if the next best thing is not close in look. I prefer Liquid but can work with paste...

I have been using Meguiar's M26 Yellow paste waste which contains Carnuba and if I can do better, I'm up for the task.

Thanks,
    Wig

Post Thanks / Like
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB: Quality Carnuba Wax

OK I will be up front on this one....I am NOT a Collinite Fan for ANY of their waxes. They are finicky when put on. If you put any of their waxes on thick, it is very difficult to remove. Additionally, it will haze or ghost over a sealant (1st hand experience). The 845 is a sealant/wax I believe. So I am in the minority on this, however, it could be just me as everyone seems to have a great experience with Collinite.

IMO you hit the nail on the head with your choice. Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax is one of the best paste waxes out there period. If you do not want the paste then the next best thing is their liquid wax. I have them both, used them both and they are awesome. Spend a little more money and go straight to the Pinnacle's. You will not be disappointed.

I know there are a plethora of other choices of waxes out there, however, you picked a good choice the 1st time.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Wig View Post

I love the look of Carnuba wax on my Silver car
    How would you describe your car?

Daily driver?
    Garage kept?
    Garage queen?

Mike Phillips

If you're garage is a garage queen and you want a deep wet shine then go for the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

If it's a daily driver, then go for

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

This is a hard wax, as it it's hard in the container and after it's a tick on the hard side after it dries. The hardness equates to longer lasting just be sure to apply a thin coat.

I don't have any pictures of Pinnacle Black Label Synergy on silver but do have some on red paint and you'll get the same deep, wet shine plus the durability of a hard wax.

Of course you can apply it by hand, I just tend to be a machine guy... check out the application, removal and most important the glossy appearance.

1966 Blown Nova - Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Videos

Machine Waxing

Next step... seal the paint with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

Most people hand apply their waxes but I'm a machine guy. By this I mean I try to do EVERY step by machine and the reason why is because the human hand cannot compete with a machine when it comes to creating the best results. Period.

First a quick lesson on how to machine apply a wax using the Griot's Garage 3" Mini Polisher with Rupes 4" white foam finishing pads....

Here's the owner machine applying Synergy....

Here's Denis machine applying Synergy while his brother Matt watches.... these two brothers flew to Stuart, Florida from New York just to be a part of this project.

Dry to a haze
    These next pictures show a thin machine applied coat of Synergy drying. This wax needs to dry to a haze before removing.

Removal

Results

On Autogeek.net

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy

Post Thanks / Like

If you apply wax with a machine you'll have no problem with Collinite. I just recently started using 845 and it compares fairly well to Pinnacle Souveran. You might also look at some of the Dodo Juice offerings. I've tried Light Fantastic on my silver S4 and was pleased. It's a bit cheaper than Pinnacle. The Blackfire 'wet ice over fire' combination looks really nice. Probably similar to Pinnacle SSII, tho I haven't used either on my car.

If you don't want to pony up for Souveran, SSII is about half the price and is generally preferred for metallic silver cars because of the hybrid sealant properties in it. It does a better job of bringing out the flakes. But personally, I don't think any wax gives the depth of Souveran so that's my top choice. Making the flakes pop is secondary for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Colliholic. I've used Collinite for over 35 years and nothing beads like their waxes or lasts longer in my opinion. I have tried many over the years but always come back. I did recenly get some Pinnacle XMT 180 in the BOGO sale and I used it on the weekend on my silver Jeep. It worked very well but I haven't seen it in the rain yet. I have Pinnacle Souveran and AutoGlym HD but the Collinite stands out from the crowd and doesn't break the bank.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast