autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome thanks!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

I watched it, loved every minute of it.
    I tell you guys did one heck of a job
    One thing that bothered me though looking at the after pics was the fender wells, no work on them?
    They look dirty and chalky

Maybe y'all them them after taking the after pics.
    The car looks brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

We focused on the Paint correction, but the final detail came at home. After another 130+ miles home it needed a bath anyhow, and wheels and wheel wells were on the list last Saturday.
    With only 5 hours to work on it I was more then happy to focus on the paint issue, it was beyond my skill set and I was happy to have the opportunity to learn.
    Today the sun came out and the metal flake came through, or as Mike would say POPPED!
    No swirls, marks, or anything but shine.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    One thing that bothered me though looking at the after pics was the fender wells, no work on them?

Maybe y'all them them after taking the after pics.
    The car looks brand new.
    Mike starts posting at around 7 AM and by 9.30 PM the Man is ready to go home.We did what we could in the time frame thats allotted.I think Chris is more than happy and when time allows he might clean the wheel wells.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, don't get me wrong, the car turned out flawless, just pointing something out
    You'll never hear me say Mike and his students do bad work because Mike is the best when it comes to detailing.
    I was fortunes to speak with him one day, that was a big deal for me.

I agree, there's only so much you can do in that time frame, the main details were done and well

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Mike starts posting at around 7 AM and by 9.30 PM the Man is ready to go home.We did what we could in the time frame thats allotted.I think Chris is more than happy and when time allows he might clean the wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like

The paint popped in a big way
    I was happy to see you guys apply the coating, it looked so simple.
    Was it that easy to apply and remove or did it just appear to be?

Quote Originally Posted by chrislorl View Post
    We focused on the Paint correction, but the final detail came at home. After another 130+ miles home it needed a bath anyhow, and wheels and wheel wells were on the list last Saturday.
    With only 5 hours to work on it I was more then happy to focus on the paint issue, it was beyond my skill set and I was happy to have the opportunity to learn.
    Today the sun came out and the metal flake came through, or as Mike would say POPPED!
    No swirls, marks, or anything but shine.....

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding, guys!

Mike Phillips

Cool. I'm not sure what kind of statistics there are for how many people tuned-in to watch. Somewhere else on this forum some members said they liked the live broadcasts and I replied that if people want to see more they have to speak up and let management know otherwise why do them?

The way you speak up on a forum is by making a post to a thread like this.

No squeak... no grease...

To be honest, I've never been one to detail fenderwells because in the real world, they just get dirty again the first time you drive the car in the rain.

I do it for glossy, painted fenderwells like Behemoth because it's easy, (you wash the smooth, glossy paint just like you do the outside of the car), and it visually improves the appearance of the car.

Like this....

Behold Behemoth! - Cleaned & Sealed with DP Poli-Coat

Washed and clean...

I'm going to paint the inside of the fenderwells on my truck with a high gloss paint to make them easy to clean and maintain too.

Into the future, I'll be sure to put detailing the fenderwells on the to-do list for "most" cars. For some cars the owners might not like it as most dressings make painting in the future a real pain.

Thank you for your observations and comments...

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful...you guys sure did bring that beautiful paint back to life!!

Good on ya Chris!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the sun came back out. This is the first day in a week that it really was there. So with that said, and as promised here are some real life pictures.

And My co pilot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast