autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Thanks for the comment...

The guys that attend these projects really pour their heart and soul into their work.

I think all the guys had a good time testing out the new Rupes polishers too... I'm going to use the Rupes 12 on a Mercedes-Benz today.

No problem Mike.

If I lived closer instead of Raleigh, NC I would give you guys a hand from time to time.

I bet those new Rupes were fun to use, and those MF pads looked really interesting.

Mercedes-Benz are really nice cars.

I have a Swirled out defect ridden as in check all of the worst above 10 YO Black Caddie that will be coming here soon to do a complete error correction on. It's really jacked up, the owner bought it used.... LOL

Will take me 2 days to do it, already know that....

Will do a write up with before and after picts once it gets here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Would have had it already and done except the owner had to have to work done on it because it was running rough...

Post Thanks / Like

It`s always a good time in the garage.Mike continues to help people to build their confidence with tools, procedures and technology.I dont care what car or what paint we work on they always come out of the garage with the best the paint has to offer.Sometimes Mike has to correct our Technics for the good of the car and ourselves.I am quite comfortable with most of the tools we use especially the line of Rupes.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Question came up on the best way to clean microfiber pads and that's with an air squirter and compressed air if you have the ability to do so...

[IMG][/IMG]

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

10 guys working on one car at the same time would be a blast!

Mike Phillips

We used the TUF Shine Tire Clearcoat on the tires.

The Charger has 6000 miles on it so it's safe to assume the tires probably have about 6000 miles on them or there about. Chris says he has not applied any tire dressing to date so if there's anything, and it doesn't look like there is, then it's dealership applied.

This is how the tires look since Chris bought the car...

Wiping and scrubbing clean using TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner and a terry cloth towel.

Here's Chris painting the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat on with a brush...

One of my favorite tools, the Tornador Air Cleaning Gun. This tool works great to air force the clearcoat into all the serrations and other designs in the sidewall.

We didn't get any great "framed-up" after shots, I pulled these out of other shots but you get the idea...

After two coats, some air drying time and a final wipe with a clean, dry microfiber towel to remove any left over residues it's time for the White Glove Test...

Mike Phillips

Couple more shots of the Rupes Microfiber Pads in action on the trunk lid...

We tested the blue microfiber pad with the Zephir Gloss Coarse Compound and it removed the defects with no problem....

Then tired the Keramik Gloss Fine Cut Polish with the yellow microfiber pads and while it worked great to refine the results from the first step the polish was hard to wipe off. Could just be the shop climate?

So we cleaned the pads and tried them with the Diamond Ultra Fine Cut Polish and with the yellow microfiber pads it worked great.

The two guys in the third picture down came to learn how to clay and polish the paint on their Corvette which we showed them and then they stuck around to see the new Rupes polishers in action.

Mike Phillips

New Cars Need to be Clayed with Detailing Clay

Even though this car only had 6000 miles on it there were already bonded contaminants that we removed using Pinnacle Ultra Poly Detailing Clay.

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is an ultra fine grade clay and a good choice for new cars that only have light contamination.

Post Thanks / Like

Why did you go with clay over a nano skin product?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post

Why did you go with clay over a nano skin product?

Primarily to show everyone and anyone there how to clay. I always mix it up a bit.

Had some new people attending and claying is a good skill set to have under your belt. Once a person has this skill mastered then there are more tools and techniques to master and if they continue to come to AG they will have this opportunity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast