autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: 1955 Chevy & 1947 Buick Slantback - Show Car Makeover! - Pictures & Videos

***Update***

All the pictures showing how we machine waxed these two hotrods have been added to post #6 of this thread...

Check it out...

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 cars that I had a chance to work on with some other guys were an unbelievable experience especially the Buick. Tonight I choose to use the Rupes machine which is smooth as butter. The Sonax polish was definitely doing the job it was intended to, accompanied with a foam pad. The dodo juice wax was machined polished and went on like a breeze and wiped off even easier. Thanks Mike again for bringing in these sweet 2 rides to do an extreme makeover on and to all the people that came out and helped, fun as usually and worth the drive.

Post Thanks / Like

For you Pro-Detailers it may or may not be another day on the job.On these Thursday night makeovers we on average have Robert, Jeff and sometimes Paul as Pro-detailers.The rest of us are hobbyist with or without Hot Rods.I Have several and since joining the "A-TEAM" at AG I have learned so much on products and Technics.When you have the opportunity to work with the best of the best with cool cars it gives you a whole new outlook on bringing out the best the paint can offer.(Key word....The best the paint can offer) Mike thinks these cars through(probably in his sleep as well) which products would work well for the job at hand.Then there are the time constraints.Mike starts posting around 7 AM.By the time we are done it`s on average 9-10-and one time after 11 PM.That a long day for Mike.I don`t care if it`s a boat or a car I will be there to learn.You can buy the info. but you cant buy the experience!!!
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    For you Pro-Detailers it may or may not be another day on the job.On these Thursday night makeovers we on average have Robert, Jeff and sometimes Paul as Pro-detailers.The rest of us are hobbyist with or without Hot Rods.I Have several and since joining the "A-TEAM" at AG I have learned so much on products and Technics.When you have the opportunity to work with the best of the best with cool cars it gives you a whole new outlook on bringing out the best the paint can offer.(Key word....The best the paint can offer) Mike thinks these cars through(probably in his sleep as well) which products would work well for the job at hand.Then there are the time constraints.Mike starts posting around 7 AM.By the time we are done it`s on average 9-10-and one time after 11 PM.That a long day for Mike.I don`t care if it`s a boat or a car I will be there to learn.You can buy the info. but you cant buy the experience!!!
    The last 2 lines are well said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Guy View Post
    The last 2 lines are well said.
    WOW, 15 years my junior and now you finally agree with me on something
    You have to admit that unless you have a job in this field (which both of us dont have) where else can you go to learn and work on this kind of stuff.You have to travel and I as an older guy has to stay awake.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!!!

Gives a whole new meaning to "White".

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, are you going to have any show car makeovers in late July??

I'd love to go to at least one lol.

Btw, you guys did a wonderful job
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Not one, but two makeovers on Thursday night. It was awesome working with all the guys and the results speak for themselves. We were able to get them both done in time to watch the Miami Heat win another NBA Title. Can't wait for the next one. John P.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, especially liked how the Marine 31 cleaned up that front grille chrome. Nick also recommended it and I'm going to be using it on all the new trim and the Billet Specialities rims on the GTO. Thanks again for sharing you knowledge.

PS: I'm making my annual trip up north in a couple weeks so might miss a Thursday in July, but I'll be back on board early August at the latest. Den

Mike Phillips

The 2 cars that I had a chance to work on with some other guys were an unbelievable experience especially the Buick. Tonight I choose to use the Rupes machine which is smooth as butter.
    Very interesting tool when compared to all the other tool options. Smooth operation is one of the key features that almost everyone seems to notice and like...

The Sonax polish was definitely doing the job it was intended to, accompanied with a foam pad. The dodo juice wax was machined polished and went on like a breeze and wiped off even easier.
    Sonax has really brought out some top shelf polishes in the last year or so in all aspects of the polishing process. And Dodo Juice waxes? What can we say? They always work great and create a very high gloss finish which is what you want on any car and especially a white car.

Thanks Mike again for bringing in these sweet 2 rides to do an extreme makeover on and to all the people that came out and helped, fun as usually and worth the drive.
    Chris, thank you for making the long drive and helping out. I know I can always trust you to do stellar work on some very expensive and rare cars plus you're always a lot of fun to work with.

For you Pro-Detailers it may or may not be another day on the job. On these Thursday night makeovers we on average have Robert, Jeff and sometimes Paul as Pro-detailers. The rest of us are hobbyist with or without Hot Rods. I Have several and since joining the "A-TEAM" at AG I have learned so much on products and techniques. When you have the opportunity to work with the best of the best with cool cars it gives you a whole new outlook on bringing out the best the paint can offer.(Key word....The best the paint can offer)
    Well put Tim and I always appreciate your help as well as the help from the Pros like Robert and Jeff, (just to name a few), that after working all day detailing cars for their business muster the strength to keep on going and give us a hand...

Mike thinks these cars through (probably in his sleep as well) which products would work well for the job at hand. Then there are the time constraints. Mike starts posting around 7 AM. By the time we are done it`s on average 9-10-and one time after 11 PM. That's a long day for Mike. I don`t care if it`s a boat or a car I will be there to learn. You can buy the info. but you cant buy the experience!!!
    Yeah... I think that describes me... I eat, sleep and think about cars and car detailing. One thing for sure, when you love your job you never work a day in your life...

Quote Originally Posted by cmichael258 View Post

Wow!!!!

Gives a whole new meaning to "White".
    I agree... I don't always bring two cars down but something about having two very iconic streetrods in white was too hard to pass up. I'm just glad my team found the energy to put just as much passion into the 55 Chevy as they did the 47 Chevy...

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

Mike, are you going to have any show car makeovers in late July??

I'd love to go to at least one lol.

Btw, you guys did a wonderful job
    We have a dry spell coming up...

• No classes this week.
    • No classes next week as Thursday is July 4th.
    • No classes the following week as I'm doing some father/son projects.
    The next class is this one...

16' Key Largo Center Console Boat Detailing Class - Thursday, July 18th

I have nothing scheduled in concrete after the above Key Largo boat but I do have a couple of more boat projects in queue and always have car projects waiting in the wing....

Remember, anytime I have something coming up I share it on the bottom of the forum homepage on both this forum and on the Marine31.com forum homepage...

How to find out if there's a Thursday night project going on?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpingol View Post

Not one, but two makeovers on Thursday night. It was awesome working with all the guys and the results speak for themselves. We were able to get them both done in time to watch the Miami Heat win another NBA Title. Can't wait for the next one.

John P.
    Thanks John for all your hard work, it never goes unappreciated... especially when I need a guy with some r-e-a-c-h !

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post

Mike, especially liked how the Marine 31 cleaned up that front grille chrome. Nick also recommended it and I'm going to be using it on all the new trim and the Billet Specialties rims on the GTO. Thanks again for sharing you knowledge.

PS: I'm making my annual trip up north in a couple weeks so might miss a Thursday in July, but I'll be back on board early August at the latest.

Den

Sounds good Den, can't wait to have your GTO down here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast