1963 Impala and 1964 Chevy Delivery Truck - Show Car Makeover Pictures

I used these two cars as training cars for my last detailing bootcamp class here,

Pictures and Comments - January 26th & 27th 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class

We didn't work on the roof of the truck for a number of reasons and when it comes to teaching a class how to do everything that is involved with cleaning, removing contaminants, machine sanding, compounds, wool pads, rotary buffers, etc. well there's not enough time in this class to do the entire car, especially with mostly newbies to machine sanding and rotary buffers and also with a car this size.

So we finished these two cars out tonight and even had the owners here to learn how to work on their own cars using state-of-the-art pads, products and tools.

Of course I have lots of before and process pictures but I'm off tomorrow and before I shut down the garage tonight I wanted to post some of the after pictures.

You can see the process used for everything below the roof line on the truck and tonight for doing the entire roof we used the Speedy Prep Surface Towel followed by XMT 360 Cleaner/Wax with a new prototype foam polishing pad on the Flex 3401. We topped the Poli-Coat Paint Sealant we applied last Saturday to the lower half with the Nanoskin Hydrophobic Nano Paste Wax.

Nanoskin Hydrophobic Nano Paste Wax

To finish out just the sides of the Impala we used M101 with Orange Hybrid Foam Cutting pads on the Flex 3401 and then re-polished using the new Gtechniq P2 Jewelling Polish with some prototype gold jewelling pads on the Flex PE14 Rotary Buffer. Then we waxed the Impala with Max Wax Paste by machine.

Thank You!
Thank you to Robert, Jeff, Tim, Carlos, Al, Bob and Chris for all your hard work and dedication to excellence, the finish on these two cars glistens now and the owners are are very impressed.

Beauty Shots
Without further ado, here are the beauty shots... keep in mind both of these streetrods were incorrectly buffed out by someone using a rotary buffer and were filled with holograms and and random scratches throughout the finish. The truck had oxidation and both were contaminated and rough to the feel before we started.

1964 Chevy Delivery Truck Streetrod

1963 Chevy Impala SS Streetrod

Thank you Carlos and Bob for trusting Autogeek with your streetrods...