autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Mike Phillips

Re: Video and Pictures: 2012 Fiat 500 - Chemical Guys Show Car Makeover - AutogeekOnline.net

Quote Originally Posted by brentech View Post
    ha, I didn't mean out loud. Like, in my head, I'd likely be cursing myself out
    But yeah, I agree.
    Ha ha... gotcha...

(I've seen some interesting things on sets)

Mike Phillips

Re: Video and Pictures: 2012 Fiat 500 - Chemical Guys Show Car Makeover - AutogeekOnline.net

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro3.2 View Post

If anyone has the opportunity to get the Autogeek Show Car garage, do it. It was an amazing opportunity to get some hands on experience and tips from a guy like Mike. He was quick to give pointers and advice all while making a great TV show for the viewers. I live two hours away and it was a long trip, but I will be doing it again.
    Thanks for the kind words... just now found this post... hope to see you again at a future project.

Don't forget about Detail Fest, it's only about 3-4 weeks away...

At first, I was thinking "this car already looks great, what else can we do to it? This is just going to be work for the sake of work."

Man, was I wrong.

The finish looked and felt like it was wrapped in glass. I have done a few cars for friends and family, but this was awesome!

This is why I try really hard to document the "before" condition of the paint with pictures and video because unless you're hear in person, it can be hard to see what the true condition of the paint.

Also just to note, it's easy to take a car with paint in really BAD condition paint and create a dramatic before & after makeover.

The real challenge is to take something that's already pretty nice and take the finish on it to a higher level. That's where you need to really have your ducks in a row.

All in all, it was a great time to learn, use some products that I normally wouldn’t have access to, and spend some quality time with my brother and my old man. If anyone could think of a better time than detailing a car then grabbing some beers after with your family, please PM me and let me know.
    Having you and your brother and Dad here really did make this a fun project.

I asked Mike for a cart and three minutes in the warehouse alone. He pointed to the wall and said "There's the cart".

Unfortunately, the three minutes alone did not happen. Maybe next time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! everything is looking so inviting and comfortable. I never seen this before. Really done nice job there. Jumps real hard to get closer to it. Like it.
    Marlon
    A mind is like a parachute - it works best when open.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am always been freak about the Fiat's models. Any museum would envy such a huge diversity. The display you present for us is inspiring and [URL]very professional.

Edit: Link ot photography website removed.
    Marlon
    A mind is like a parachute - it works best when open.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314