autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pictures: 1965 Plymouth Valiant Extreme Makeover

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbp7 View Post
    Awsome photos and a great turn around. Its nice to see such a young kid with patience taking his time and buffing out a car.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the expression on his face in the pics, concentration for sure I wish I had the chance with people like that all around me when I was his age for sure, nothing wrong with getting the experience early. This will teach him lessons on hard work and effort and the pay-offs will come down the road in everything he does in the future. Learning how to overcome adversity like a badly maintained black car will teach him how to deal with much larger problems in life, good job bringing him along!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 1965 Plymouth Valiant Extreme Makeover

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I thought the same thing when I saw the expression on his face in the pics, concentration for sure

Tyler focusing on the task at hand with the cord over his shoulder and holding the PC without the handle with his hand placed firmly over the head of the tool to maintain firm, even downward pressure while making his Section Passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I wish I had the chance with people like that all around me when I was his age for sure, nothing wrong with getting the experience early. This will teach him lessons on hard work and effort and the pay-offs will come down the road in everything he does in the future.
    Learning how to overcome adversity like a badly maintained black car will teach him how to deal with much larger problems in life, good job bringing him along!

I agree with all of the above and with the training he's received already and just a little more help he could be buffing out cars and making some money to buy his first car. Plus he'll be doing better work than many already established in this industry...

Mike Phillips

Re: Live Broadcast Video - 1965 Plymouth Valiant - Extreme Makeover

Working on scheduling Lew's truck for the next Thursday Night project car, the paint has a lot of swirls in it that need to be removed so the paint looks as good as the truck.

Diamond Plate Aluminum from Dullsville to Mirror Shine on a 1947 Chevy Pickup

This will be a fun truck to buff out...

Looking at Thursday evening, May 10th......

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I must say that I've been watching your videos, and reading your how to's, for at least 10 years now. I joined MOL back when you first started the forum over there, member #508 I think, and followed you here like many others.

I always wanted to go to a training session, but being in Cali. that was a little hard to do living in NC. I have ALL your video's, including the one You and Richard did. (You are a little more comfortable behind the camera now)

Now that I have had the chance to meet you (Detail Fest 6) and go to some of your mini classes I must say you have the teaching touch.

Anyone who watches your video's or attends your classes can achieve a Show car winning, Show car finish on their car. I can attest to that.

So keep up the good work, "each one teach one" and keep the video's coming. We'll keep watching and learning.
    Last edited by mark mcguire; 04-30-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer
    1991 Chevy Astro

Post Thanks / Like
    Another awesome job Mike!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcguire View Post

Mike, I must say that I've been watching your videos, and reading your how to's, for at least 10 years now. I joined MOL back when you first started the forum over there, member #508 I think, and followed you here like many others.

I always wanted to go to a training session, but being in Cali. that was a little hard to do living in NC. I have ALL your video's, including the one You and Richard did. (You are a little more comfortable behind the camera now)

Now that I have had the chance to meet you (Detail Fest 6) and go to some of your mini classes I must say you have the teaching touch.

Anyone who watches your video's or attends your classes can achieve a Show car winning, Show car finish on their car. I can attest to that.

So keep up the good work, "each one teach one" and keep the video's coming. We'll keep watching and learning.

Thanks Mark for the kind words...

I've always posted that I'm in this for the long run. I've seen a lot of people come and go in the forum world like shooting stars and it's all good, just saying I'm here for the long run...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
    Another awesome job Mike!!

Thanks Brad...

If you watch the video most of the work was done by everyone else... There's a few portions of the car that I did buff out and I did do the test spot to make sure the paint could be fixed, after that the transformation team gets all the credit...

I tend to play the part of overseer helping to make sure everyone has everything they need to be successful and monitor what's being done so everything goes right...

Post Thanks / Like

What pads did you use on the hood when you used the rotary for the deeper scratches?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Calibmw23 View Post
    What pads did you use on the hood when you used the rotary for the deeper scratches?

I think I set up Sean to use a 4" Tangerine Hydro-Tech pad on a Flex 3403...

We had already buffed the hood and removed all the shallow defects and he was just going after the remaining deeper defects like tracers and pigtails.

Good question!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123