How to do high quality production detailing - Your largest market!

We cover show car detailing or what you would call multiple step car detailing in-depth at all our classes.

To me and my guess is most the people that attend our classes, this is the fun part of car detailing, that is taking a diamond in the rough and turning it into a glistening gemstone. In fact we have more cars in our class to teach show car detailing in order to showcase all the tools you get to use at our classes and of course, how to use them to their fullest extent.

That said, we also cover high quality production detailing because that's the largest chunk of the DIFM detailing market.

DIFM = Do it for me

Production detailing is where you do ONE step to the paint besides the normal car washing, drying, claying, etc. Instead of doing dedicated compounding, polishing and protecting steps you use a high quality one-step cleaner/wax and do all three of these procedures in a single step as this SAVES YOU TIME and that's important for your entry level detailing packages if you detail for money.

Using a one-step cleaner/wax is also a good approach for any car owner and their daily driver as the paint on a daily driver will get a dirt stain embedded onto and into the paint when exposed to road grime over time.

Road grime is the dirty, oily water spray that's kicked up onto your car by cars in front of you when you drive in the rain. I have an article on this topic with pictures that tell the entire story here.

So besides all the cool cars we bring in for our classes I always bring in 2-3 mundane daily drivers in dire need of a good detail job to teach how to correctly do production detailing.

Here's our victim for the production detailing class, my buddy Henry's 2002 Chevy Avalanche.

The owner says he'll have the factory rim back on the passenger front when he drops her off.