autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: Sept 2014 Detail Boot Camp Class

Mike, You and that group of fine folks got to transform one of the finest automobiles ever built by the Ford Motor Company. It's absolutely gorgeous. I'm jealous because I wasn't there.

I have owned three 60's Continentals and if you haven't owned and driven one you don't know what I'm talking about. That series of cars had the best baked on enamel finish available at the time and it shows, after you worked your magic on it. They weighed in at just over 5600 pounds empty, rode and drove like a dream.

I have used #7 most of my life and it did great. Obviously the Rupes system is a wonderful line of products, can't wait to try them, and finishing up with a wet carnauba final shine was perfect. I'm getting to do a show car detail on a 2008, jet black Town Car in a couple of weeks. It's not as good as the 67 but they said I could keep it for a week if needed. Can't wait. Will try to post some before and after pics with the Wolfgang and Flex 3401 I'm going to use.

I'm going to spend the rest of the night looking at the pictures again and reading all of your posts. Thanks again, Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this just makes me more excited about Januarys Bootcamp!
    If anyone wonders why we do what we do . . . these pictures explain it perfectly. Stunning work all of you that were involved, absolutely stunning!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say?

I'm just in awe when I see work like you all have done.

Just one comment ref the Dodge: Before I read your opening comments, my first thought was, "Damn, that looks like a cross 'tween Barris and Winfield." As I actually read...IT IS!

If your pictures were in black (sepia) and white, the car looks like it came right from the pages of a 1950's "Rod & Custom" magazine!

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Reading this just makes me more excited about January's Bootcamp!
    I always try my best to get really great cars here to work on but I'm going to try even harder just because I'm impressed and honored that you're making a trip that is over 8000 miles one way to attend our class.

That's impressive and shows me your passion and that I've earned your trust. I promise I won't let you down.

I had Earl the Plumber's 1962 Impala scheduled for this class but asked Earl if we could save his car for your class because I had the 1956 Lancer offered at the last movement and when I have a true show car, that has documented HUGE wins at major car shows available for a class... well I take that car.

Anyway, here's one of the cars for your class that's confirmed...

Earl's 1962 Impala with a 632 BBC

Smokem if you got em....

And just to note, Earl installed a Line Lock system to lock up the front brakes to make doing burn-outs safe... well at least as safe as a burn-out can be.

Just to note to anyone reading this thinking about attending the January class...

There's only 2 spaces available as of yesterday and it will be sold out.

2015 January Detailing Boot Camp Class

The next class is May 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post

What can I say?

I'm just in awe when I see work like you all have done.

Just one comment ref the Dodge: Before I read your opening comments, my first thought was, "Damn, that looks like a cross 'tween Barris and Winfield." As I actually read...IT IS!
    Good eye...

I've been to a Gene Winfield Panel Beating Class in SoCal, the guy is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post

If your pictures were in black (sepia) and white, the car looks like it came right from the pages of a 1950's "Rod & Custom" magazine!

Bill

I'll have to try that sometime....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Good eye...

I've been to a Gene Winfield Panel Beating Class in SoCal, the guy is a legend.

No Mike...just an old man from SoCal (LOL).

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

The results you all got with the Rupes set the bar too high, I must admit I'm a bit nervous to see what's coming for the Flex Polishers class.

This write-up is a real pleasure to follow, the details you captured on camera gives true dimension of what happened,

Justin's reaching picture shows the challenge was huge!

Axel's already bewitched by the first results, enchanted.

Flex 'Guy' using a Rupes, to perform and get show car detailing / results!, priceless.

Willy's working polish evenly distribution looks great!

Ricky's attention to detail... small details per see are just small details, but they really adds A LOT to the final results,

difficult to cite few moments because I really don't want to sound 'unfair' forgetting about someone, you all did an awesome work.

Please, the Flex class! haha

Thanks a lot for sharing,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bettachris View Post

This was not only an amazing class but overall experience. I learned so much and met some amazing people that came from all different professions and skill levels. Mike, Nick, and Jessie were great teachers.

You can tell that they not only have a passion for detailing, but also educating others. I definitely feel that the class was worth it and I highly recommend that anyone looking to become a better detailer or even if you have an interest in learning how to work on your own car, take the class.
    Thank you Chris for the kind words, it was a working with you in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettachris View Post

You spend a lot of time hands on working with the newest equipment, learning proper techniques, and learning to be more confident when it comes to detailing cars.

The class covers both interior as well as exterior detailing and is great for guys and gals that are in the industry and those hobbyist who are looking to learn more. I had a great time and again would highly recommend it to anyone lucky enough to sign up for the next session.

Thanks again Mike & Nick!

Hope to see you active on the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

I always try my best to get really great cars here to work on but I'm going to try even harder just because I'm impressed and honored that you're making a trip that is over 8000 miles one way to attend our class.

That's impressive and shows me your passion and that I've earned your trust. I promise I won't let you down.

I had Earl the Plumber's 1962 Impala scheduled for this class but asked Earl if we could save his car for your class because I had the 1956 Lancer offered at the last movement and when I have a true show car, that has documented HUGE wins at major car shows available for a class... well I take that car.

Hey Mike.

Super excited about working on Earls 62. A huge honour. Will be treating it as my own as normal. (though my 63 Beetle burn rubber like that? Haha.) Love the roof profile on that!

No pressure though Mike, I'm flattered you are excited I'm coming so far but if you step back & take a look at all YOU have done for detailing etc from my perspective (& I'm certain, a lot of others) it really does make sense.

Counting down the days, they're flying by too! Roll on Boot Camp!!!

Thank you Mike!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Going through all the pictures to create a thread like this takes a lot of time so comments and questions are both encouraged and appreciated....

Don't be shy...

Mike,

Thanks so much for documenting the detailing we did at Boot Camp in September. This thread is like an encyclopedia of our work and I can see it being very helpful. I keep referring to my notes on the handout you provided us and your comments in this thread refreshes my memory. It's been less than one week and I have already started using my new knowledge and skills.

Cheers!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast