autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Detailing Classes at Autogeek - May 2014

The boot camp was fantastic!

Mike and Nick definitely know what they are doing. I didnt even know what a Porter Cable was a month before the boot camp. This was a great opportunity to learn how to use so many of the tools and products.

The cars were awesome and the class was full of nice people sharing the same passion. This has been a great way for me to get started. I am very grateful that Mike and Nick are teaching this class and for Autogeek online.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to update on my side,
    Since the class my way of making business has change. This week I work on my car you know wash and wax but the AG way lol
    One customer call me after looked at my car and asked me for quote. 3 cars one step polish for each one of them, another car for a complete detailing. making the best out of what I learned on the Detailing class!!!

Thank you Mike and Nick AGAIN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Things have picked up for me as well, I booked this car after a recent car show are talking with the owner.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures: Detailing Classes at Autogeek - May 2014-uploadfromtaptalk1399874187576-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wagner View Post

Mike and Nick definitely know what they are doing. I didnt even know what a Porter Cable was a month before the boot camp. This was a great opportunity to learn how to use so many of the tools and products.

The cars were awesome and the class was full of nice people sharing the same passion. This has been a great way for me to get started. I am very grateful that Mike and Nick are teaching this class and for Autogeek online.

Hi Jeff,

It was great having you in the class. You have a really nice opportunity before you with access the golf course to start your business. I just answered the questions you sent me in your e-mail and of course you also have this forum to use for a sounding board for your questions and ideas.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pikiki View Post
    I want to update on my side,

Since the class my way of making business has change. This week I work on my car you know wash and wax but the AG way lol

One customer call me after looked at my car and asked me for quote. 3 cars one step polish for each one of them, another car for a complete detailing. making the best out of what I learned on the Detailing class!!!

Thank you Mike and Nick AGAIN!!!

That's good to hear Edwin!

Keep up the good work!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post

Things have picked up for me as well, I booked this car after a recent car show are talking with the owner.

Good job Vargas!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike and everyone from the class,

This class was amazing, the hands on participation with all the different tools was invaluable. Since most of us will never own all of them it was a great opportunity to find which ones we like best.

But that is nothing compared to the amount of knowledge obtained in the 2 day class. It has greatly increased my confidence with both my customers and their vehicles.

Mike, thanks again for all the help and you will be hearing from me.

Dave

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hamlin View Post

Hi Mike and everyone from the class,

This class was amazing, the hands on participation with all the different tools was invaluable. Since most of us will never own all of them it was a great opportunity to find which ones we like best.

But that is nothing compared to the amount of knowledge obtained in the 2 day class. It has greatly increased my confidence with both my customers and their vehicles.

Mike, thanks again for all the help and you will be hearing from me.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words, it was great having you in the class. I could tell you have a lot of experience already when it comes to detailing cars and a true passion to learn more and continue learning more and perfecting your craft.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike and Nick definitely know what they are doing. I didn't even know what a Porter Cable was a month before the boot camp. This was a great opportunity to learn how to use so many of the tools and products.

Hello Mr Phillips and Mr Rutter,

Well its been a little while since school and i have been very busy putting everything together. I have to say Thank you because you guys gave me the confidence i needed to pursue this with a passion.

I sold my beautiful black corvette and bought a 2005 Hummer H2 SUT with 24'dubs. I don't miss the Vette at all. Then i got a 6 x 12 enclosed utility trailer, generator, pressure washer, air compressor and a 100 gallon tank. Put some advertising on my truck back window.

Picked a name and got the domain name on go daddy. Artistry Auto Detailing with the word Artistry written kinda fancy. Started my web site kinda and a Facebook business page.

My first job with all my new equipment was a guy with 3 cars. Escalade, Cayenne and a $350,000.00 Bentley. I was sweating like a mad man and it took me a while but they looked good and he was happy. I go there every two weeks now and i have done about 7 or 8 other jobs now. A couple full details wash, vac, dress, engine, clay, compound, polish and wax. Everyone seems very happy and i am getting return business.

My porter cable and the orange pad feel wimpy now. I can get swirls out but scratches kinda seem to laugh at me. Nick i may call you or if you want to tell me in an email that would be great also. I am thinking wool pads that i don't have or its time for a flex.

I just got a million dollar liability policy, LLC (being worked on) and a tax receipt.

Now i can work at the golf course but i have already been going to clients homes. Business cards and some simple advertising on the trailer is next.

Today i put in my two weeks notice at the golf course and I'm taking the plunge to full time detailing. I have so many people wanting me to do there cars i am running on adrenaline everyday I'm so excited. My brain has been about to explode with all the new stuff i am learning.

I made a price list and emailed it to my mom. She didn't understand everything and so i had an idea. Don't know if its ok with autogeek or if autogeek will pay me LOL I put a link next to the stuff i use.

Example 2 bucket wash method Grit Guard® Dual Bucket Washing System - CLEAR

This way they can see what i am using, what they are paying for and buy the same stuff if they want. Let me know if this is a bad idea i haven't posted or printed anything yet but soon i will.

This week i work at the golf course and have Sat, Sun and Mon booked for details. Here is a link to my Facebook business page so far

Artistry Auto Detailing

Looking forward to getting better, learning more and staying motivated.

Thank you again guys,

Jeff Wagner

Mike Phillips

First of all...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Today i put in my two weeks notice at the golf course and I'm taking the plunge to full time detailing.

And second... thank you for sharing this update with our forum! I'm sure there are a lot of guys that wonder if they would benefit from attending our Detailing Boot Camp Class and it's testimonies like yours and your success in this business after attending our class that provides the encouragement others need to make their decision to clear their schedules and get signed up.

Our September class was filled early last month so the next available classes are in January and May.

Congratulations Jeff and thank you for sharing this update...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast