autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: The Art of Polishing Paint Advanced Detailing Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    As you read through this thread and look at all the pictures, keep in mind...

This is just ONE of the cars these guys learned on. We still have two more cars to go through...

Wow Mike. Two more cars?

I love to follow along to see whats going on in the AG garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    I saw the 55 Ford on Sunday at a car show.It came out great.
    I saw that car at AG just before the owner picked it up, as I commented in another thread every square inch of that car was perfect. Its Mike's attention to details that makes for the "Perfect Detail"
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

I love to follow along to see whats going on in the AG garage.

And I like sharing what we do here. I can't actually think of any other place where the cars and the work done by the students is actually shared and documented so thoroughly. It takes some time to to get the pictures onto the forum but once they are up it's a living history that showcases what we do here.

To me its important to show just how much a person gets to learn when they attend these classes plus all the cool tools they get to work with and the cool cars they get to work on, so they can not only learn how to use the tools in a real-world situation but in some cases figure out which tools are a best fit for their needs.

For anyone reading through this thread that would like to attend one of these classes, here's the link to register for my next Detailing Boot Camp Class.

Registration
    The two day detailing bootcamp class is $750.00 and this includes a $200.00 merchandise credit at Autogeek.net

Click here to register online

And here's a link to a thread for it on this forum with testimonies from people that have attended my classes in the past.

Mike Phillips's Detailing Boot Camp May 4th & 5th

My next and last Detailing Boot Camp Class for 2013 will be September 28th and 29th.

You can register for the September class by calling customer care at,

1-800-869-3011

More pictures today...

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Here's Mike and Derek machine polishing to remove any holograms from the compound and wool fibers from the cutting pad using Lake Country 6.5" CCS Black Foam Polishing Pads with Meguiar's M205

Jewelling
    After removing the holograms, here's Mike and Derek jewelling the paint using Menzerna SF 4500 with some beta 6.5" Flat Gold Jewelling Pads on 600 RPM on Flex PE14's. I had the guys open the hood and wipe off all trace residues from the compounding and polishing steps as well as around all the trim because the thing I see everyone leave out when they talk about jewelling is the importance of working clean.

Machine Apply Wolfgang Fuzion
    Next up we're going to machine apply Wolfgang Fuzion using soft blue Lake Country 5.5" Waxing Pads on DA Polishers. This really lays down an thin, uniform layer of wax. After the guys machine wax the entire car then we'll carefully wipe the wax off...

Microfiber Gloves
    Every time I bring out the microfiber gloves for all our high end work and AFTER everyone uses them for the first time they see how well they really do work.

Next up... the beauty shots!

Mike Phillips

Here's the beauty shots...

Augeek.net.... where all the car action's at...

Look Ma... no holograms...
    This is after a complete machine wetsanding, followed by compounding with a rotary buffer and wool pads, followed by a rotary buffer with polishing pads followed by a rotary buffer for the jewelling step and.... it was done by absolute newbies to wetsanding and rotary buffers.

Hologram-free finish in full sun...

This was done with the Flex 3401 so of course it's completely hologram-free too...

The Art of Polishing Paint

I present a 1959 Chevrolet Impala sanded and buffed by the students of my advanced "Art of Polishing Paint" class...

The low down front grill shot...

Iconic Cat Eye Tail Lights...

All the paint around the lights, license plate and under the wing was hand waxed...

From left to right...

Trey, Mike and Derek...
    (not pictured Dan)

Nice work guys for your first time sanding and using rotary buffers.

Post Thanks / Like

Icredible work gentleman.

Post Thanks / Like

Some beautiful rides!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pictures The Art of Polishing Paint Advanced Detailing Classes

One day, emeraldgirl08, I bet all PCs will be sold like that - to save space Great pics by the way, very clear Are you going to put the T400 back together though?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike Phillips,

This class by far exceeded my expectations. One of the most informative and fun classes I have ever taken I would go all over again. If your into car detailing or want to know more i definitely recommend one of his classes. You leave much more confident and with a lot more knowledge overall.

Plus you get to try out all the new products and tools on the market. It couldn't have been better.

Mike Brown

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike Phillips!

I cant say that enough. My skill set and comfort level have been brought to a new level after taking this course. We were able to use all the best products and tools and experience how they work best for each situation. The ability to first try the products really helped me recognize my needs.

Mike Phillips was hands on with us every-step of the way. I highly recommend this class everyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast