autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Thanks for an excellent class Mike! You are as articulate as you are knowledgeable! I highlighy recommed this class to EVERYONE! There were pros from both the detail and body shop side of the biz that gained knowledge, and there were also complete newbies like myself that got a chance to get some hands on experience and access to professionals. This is a fantastic way to expand your knowledge base no matter what level you are on - and fun to boot! The facilities are top notch and the environment is open and friendly. Take my advice and sign up early for the next class - you will be glad you did!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments from April 24th Damp Sanding and Machine Polishing Class

Hi Mike
    Mike thanks for the excellent class also for sharing with us your great knowledge, believe me I felt very comfortable with the explanations and tutoring.
    I hope news about the new class
    Thanks also to autogeek for the impeccable facilities.
    Elkin
    elkinad.blogspot.com

Mike Phillips

As a way of saying thank you to Mike Priest, the owner of the maroon Chevy Truck we used in our demonstration on how to remove rotary buffer swirls,

Will testing out the Flex 3401 on Mike's truck...

After the class I sanded down the hood and then buffed out the entire truck.

This was actually a new paint job that had both orange peel, swirls and some sort of mottling going on in the paint giving the paint a very dull, flat appearance. Here's a few pictures...

If you look at the surface of the paint surrounding the reflection of the overhead florescent lights you can see the paint has a very blotchy, or mottled surface texture. This results in very cloudy or fuzzy reflections out of the paint as well as an overall dull appearance.

Machine Damp Sanded with Unigrit #1500 followed by #3000 Foam Finishing Discs

Machine polished to remove the sanding marks and restore a clear, deep shine.

Thanks Mike for letting our class practice using different polishers on your truck!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't of sanded down that paint if it was me some places had 5 mils and same had 10 mils lol. But your the pro Mike. Great turn around. Can't wait to see the new truck with that bad ass bumper
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool to see some familiar faces in the photos at the class! The new training facility is absolutely amazing, I like to take a break from the office and just go in there and look around. Max always does it right with whatever project he is working on. Thanks Mike for another awesome learning experience for our fellow geekers!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike,
    That made a big difference. I thought you were afraid to sand that bugger. I guess you figured you really couldn't have made the paint look worse. Now that I learned how easy damp sanding is I will have to order some supplies. Easy does not mean "not labor intensive" just not that difficult once a pro shows you how.

Thanks for a great class.

Mark

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a little late, but I had the privledge of attending the Sat. class with Mike, Dwayne, and Yancy. I am a little above a novice but I soon realized that most of the people are professionals. I was so impressed with the way Mike was able to relate to everyone in the class reguardless of their level of experience. Mike was able to cover a ton of info yet I did not feel overwelmed. The breakfast and lunch were great as it allowed the students to enteract with each other. I do hope there will be more classes. The classroom and equipment in it was first class. Once again THANKS to Mike, Dwayne, and Yancy

Mike Phillips

A couple guys had to leave early and so we had them back for a little one-on-one training on how to remove swirls out of a black Porsche and a red metallic Toyota, both with water spots and swirls.

We used the Wolfgang Twins and Füzion on the black Porsche and we used the Pinnacle Twins and Souveran Liquid on the Toyota and used the techniques shown in this DVD

Mike Phillips' Principles of Machine Polishing

Here's a few pictures from last night...

Post Thanks / Like

Great Stuff Mike, Looks like they got the hang of using the DA
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Forum News Updates and Announcements

Just a belated thank you to Mike For the detailing class a week ago. As a new comer to the detailing world I can tell you I really learned a lot. Also thanks to to Dwayne for setting me up with some new equipment. Thanks, again guys, I really appreciated it and now than I am back in North Dakota my XLR-V will be swirl free. Hope to see you next year when I am back at our condo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12