323 Pictures - Autogeek's Hands-On Roadshow Detailing Classes!

Over the weekend of August 12th & 13th, Autogeek held their first official roadshow detailing class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin in the training garage of Lake Country Pad Manufacturing.

Because I know that most people have no idea what they get to do, what tools they get to use and the topics covered, we took a LOT of pictures at this class to document visually what attending one of our classes is like.

1: The first thing you will notice is these are HANDS-ON classes. If you prefer to sit in a chair and listen to someone speak then you don't want to attend one of these classes.

2: The next thing you'll see as you scroll through the pictures is that you get to use ALL the popular tools and paint polishing products and systems. NOT just a single brand of tool, pads and products. That's how ALL our classes are at Autogeek, whether they are the roadshow classes or the 3-day classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida or our boat detailing classes.

We sell everything and we show everything and that means >you< get to use everything and then you can make up your own mind what's the best.

Over the years I've fine-tuned the flow of the class and the order of the topics and tools covered. There's a rhyme to the reason. The pictures below are in fairly chronological order. The class actually starts in the classroom with a Power Point that walks everyone through some basic head knowledge, there's no pictures of the classroom portion from this class and there's also NOT pictures of everything we covered. Can't share all the secrets. But there are enough pictures to show you that when you sign-up for an Autogeek Roadshow Detailing Class - you're in for a fast-paced fun and educational experience from start to finish.

Take a look...

The real experience
I'm known for the high level of quality cars I bring in for the class to learn on. I can't guarantee each and every class will be as fortunate as this class to get this many cool cars to work on but I try my best to get great learning cars for each class. The cars are more for a fun experience, there's nothing like learning show car detailing on a real show car. It makes the experience REAL. That said, I can teach you show car detailing techniques on a 2004 silver metallic 4-door Toyota Camry, it's just not going to be the same experience as learning show car detailing on a 1969 GTO Judge in Hugger Orange. Make sense?

For this class, with the help of Mike Drees and David Patterson, plus a few people in this class that have already attended my class at Stuart, Florida, we were able to put together a GREAT collection of cars for the first day - the day we cover Show Car Detailing. Show car detailing is where you learn to create the most perfect finish out of what you have to work with. You learn to remove as many of the above and below surface paint defects is as humanly possible (safely), while squeezing every little drop of gloss and shine out of the paint

Here are the cars for this class...

1969 GTO Judge

This is the real deal. This is easily a six figure collector grade muscle car. This restoration has a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish. The paint had HORRIBLE scratching from a car cover that had beat against it plus had a super rough feel to the paint indicating it had some form of contamination.

1968 Dodge Dart GT

This is local quarter mile race car with a magazine quality build. This car has a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish. This car had the normal swirls and scratches you would expect to see in a race car.

1969 Chevy 396 Big Block Chevelle SS

This too is the real deal, this is factory big block survivor car. This car has a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish. The paint on this Chevelle was completely swirled-out and contaminated.

1967 GTO

Pristine condition survivor car with a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish. This GTO probably had the nicest finish of all the cars in this class. It had very light swirls from normal maintenance.

1939 Chevy Streetrod

This beautifully built streetrod has a basecoat/clearcoat finish. The paint on this car had been recently clayed and the claying left marring throughout the finish.

1965 Ford Econoline Van

This 60s era van still has shag carpeting in it from the 1960s but it is sporting a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish on the body sides but the roof is single stage. This groovy van had holograms throughout the finish from the abuse from a rotary buffer.

1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

This car luxury land yacht only has 50,000 mile on it but it has been repainted and has a basecoat/clearcoat finish. This car had also been buffed out by a troglodyte using a rotary buffer and had holograms throughout the finish.

1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible

This classic cruise has an older, antique single stage metallic finish. Even though this car did not have the original single stage paint it had an older single stage re-paint that had oxidized to the point of turning chalky. This was an unexpected BONUS as it gave me the opportunity to teach the class the technique for restoring antique paint using the #7 Rub Down Technique. This was a rare opportunity for a "Detailing Class" and to date, I think I'm the only guy that teaches this technique in the detailing industry.

1982 Jaguar - V12 Edition

This car had rotary buffer swirls or holograms throughout the entire finish. It also had some form of contamination throughout the finish.

2011 Ford Mustang

Not in bad shape but needed to be brought back to factory new condition. You'll see pictures of this car bleeding read when it's is chemically decontaminated.

2012 Ford F-250 Super-Duty

This is a daily driver in rough shape all-around.

Again... each class we teach will have different cars. This is also what makes each class unique for the students and unique in the industry.