autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Gasoline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dirty Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by 70fastback View Post
    My sister worked for a petroleum wholesaler in Alabama (not going to list the name). They serviced many different brands and haulers, and while they filled each companies truck, requirements for additives were included. Probably not by the driver, with a funnel, or a bucket, LOL...

This was in central AL and they serviced the Shell stations in my town, in the panhandle of Florida. So, they had to include Shell's "snake-oil". She told me this over 10 years ago...now I have to ask to refresh my memory because that's all I remember...
    I used to drive a refueling truck at the airport. Some jets require an anti-icing additive because Jet fuel has a density very close to water which allows it to suspend in the fuel. When it gets cold, it clogs filters, which is bad. Many larger jets have fuel heating systems for this reason. The ones that don't, required an additive.

The trucks had an injection system downstream of the tank. It's attached to a 5 gallon hopper that had the fuel additive. When a pilot requested it, I flipped a switch and they were charged like 2 cents more per gallon.

It can be done.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Before poo pooing, information it's beneficial "enlightened" to read, posts and additional information before commenting or poo pooing!

I'm sure few have bothered to read the W I K I explaining the history behind Top Tier, nor does it matter to them, owners manuals recommend. Nor does it matter that fuel executives for GM recommend it. Etc, etc...

Yet somehow your getting "scammed" if you bother to read the list of retailers, who've drunk the cool aid, be sure to find a gas station, that did not apply for top tier certification. That will fix those, scammers.

Some call for proof, some say it's akin to spam, some, still think it's B.S, it's real easy to take, cheap shots, shoot from the hip, & offer ZERO, to back up suspicions, all the while ignoring FACTS, that don't suit your current narrative. Or even when asked to backup remarks, like Dude I don' care.

Top Tier is out there "widespread" use it or not, I felt this was little known (surprise, it's very unknown publicly) & of some interest in the "OFF TOPIC" forum. It's not my job to defend top tier, some of you are like the horse led to water, can't make em drink.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

@Setec - Referring to your post #27, your argument is specious, & you don't seem to have read the W I K I well. Under "History" fourth paragraph, explains how, why & when, top tier came about. The accounting here is, consistent with other sources Car & Driver, I believe the newspaper "Washington Post" & others. Not to mention, numerous car companies, mechanics, radio show automotive experts, etc. All favor top tier

I'm not sure why you think something sinister is going on, or how I'm being duped.

Please note just because something is in W I K I, does not mean it's false or untrue. You have not provided facts or proof to the contrary. Several sources say why, the goal, that several auto manufacturers working together, came up with a standard, for gasoline.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever this fuel is, nearly any gas station I have ever visited is on this list, including Costco.

Basically, the recommendation is to purchase fuel with detergent, and the advice has always been get brand name gas. Looks like it still holds true.

The only two retailers I buy gas from when traveling that are not on this list are Sheetz and Hess/Wilco. Interesting.

USA

76 Stations
    Aloha Petroleum
    ARCO
    Beacon
    BP
    Chevron
    Cenex
    Conoco
    Costco Wholesale
    CountryMark
    Diamond Shamrock
    Entec Stations
    Express Convenience Centers
    Exxon
    Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
    Holiday Stationstores
    Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
    MFA Oil Co.
    Mobil
    Ohana Fuels
    Phillips 66
    QuikTrip
    Road Ranger
    Shamrock
    Shell
    Sinclair
    Suncor Energy Inc
    SuperAmerica
    Texaco
    Tri-Par Oil Co.
    Valero

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roguerobot,

I ran across 'Sheetz', upon researching, they add 'detergent' & are on board, with the top tier philosophy. What states have Sheetz?

Late adopters endorsing top tier, were Exxon, BP.

Also EPA mandates, detergents in gasoline, top tier sets the bar higher, or is more stringent than EPA requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

I use top tier gas instead of IPA wipes or using prep solvent. Works great! Excellent laundry booster as well with all the detergents.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

You so funny! Mobil used to have a commercial, where inside the "o" in Mobil, you could see washing machine like action, of the gasoline. Wash your engine clean, analogy.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Dunkin' Donuts. Got a ham & cheese on Texas toast... Now that was some bad gas.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast