autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Custom labels for spray bottles

You could go to a sign shop who has special computer programs to create and design logos, heavy-duty vinyl, etc.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't done this, but it's always been somewhere in the head floating around. One day I'll load on Photoshop and see what I can come up with. The OCD in me would love everything to be in matching bottles with custom matching labels. I love the CarPro bottles and sprayer so maybe I'll try and track down blanks for those. If I ever get a template I'm happy with I'll post the PSD file in here for people to play with.

I think custom labels that looked great would really make my business look more professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huot25 View Post

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Thoughts? Honestly....LOVE THESE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    I put clear box tape over my labels. Works well for me
    Me too!

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff man - thanks for sharing your efforts on this. I've been using sharpies on the bottles directly because my labels using my cheap label maker eventually come off after a few weeks. I tried printing labels on regular Avery white blanks and covering with clear packing tape, but they also peel off after a short time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    You could go to a sign shop who has special computer programs to create and design logos, heavy-duty vinyl, etc.
    I have a client who runs a sign business. Since I am only doing small runs, it would cost me more to do the setup than it would do have them printed. It's not a bad idea if you're planning on doing a large print run.

Plus I might change my mind next year (or next month) and want to try a different design.

If you're planning on doing something to label small sample bottles as gifts to clients, then I would definitely talk to a local sign business rather than doing it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got the shipment of spray bottles in today. I was pleasantly surprised that the bottles already have measuring lines on the bottle itself. There are even ratio markings if you wanted to do 5:1 or 10:1 ratios (which I will be doing).

Now I just need to finalize my template. Once I have it done I will post the PSD for people to play with.

If I ever get the free time to put a website together, it would be nice to have a dedicated platform to share label designs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by austinz View Post
    Great stuff man - thanks for sharing your efforts on this. I've been using sharpies on the bottles directly because my labels using my cheap label maker eventually come off after a few weeks. I tried printing labels on regular Avery white blanks and covering with clear packing tape, but they also peel off after a short time.
    I guess in a sense I am selfish because I am doing this for my own benefit and to have my bottles uniform. But if anyone wants to use it, I have no problems sharing the template.

Unfortunately I am only a hobby detailer so I won't be using the products every day, but I will post updates to show how these labels hold up. I specifically looked for weather resistant labels to see if they hold up better.

Quote Originally Posted by 7PaintGuns View Post
    Me too!
    I like that you have an image on your labels. Those are clean and they look good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huot25 View Post
    I like that you have an image on your labels. Those are clean and they look good!
    Nice and clean!

Huot - 24oz bottles?

I picked up some 16, 24, and 32. Love the 16. Not sure what to do with the rest. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Nice and clean!

Huot - 24oz bottles?

I picked up some 16, 24, and 32. Love the 16. Not sure what to do with the rest. lol
    You can see the numbers in one photo...you CHEATED!!! JK! I wanted something that would fit into that massive storage bin. I had a bunch of bottles leak a few years ago and they got all over my wife's stuff in the garage. It was almost ex-wife after that fiasco.

I wanted to print up the labels tonight, but thats not happening. Finally got the labels done though, but I am sure I am missing one or two.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast