autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Force Awakens: Spoilers Allowed! Don't read if you haven't seen the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    Btw... I just hung this up in my 6 month old's nursery.

His name is Luke and I have no idea how I was able to get that name approved by the SO without raising any red flags.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Force Awakens: Spoilers Allowed! Don't read if you haven't seen the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by buffdoubt View Post
    My wife would like me to ask you where you found that picture. We need to get one for my 5 year old jedi.
    Here ya go!

Expensive for what it is, but I don't care. I needed it. Plus, she wouldn't let me do this one because it was too big. There's also this one that I liked as well.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    Here ya go!

Expensive for what it is, but I don't care. I needed it. Plus, she wouldn't let me do this one because it was too big. There's also this one that I liked as well.
    Fantastic! Thank you so much, they are all worthy of our walls, haha!

Post Thanks / Like

First movie to gross a billion dollars domestic? Unreal!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a good article. It gives a little more depth to story
    27 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' questions answered by the novel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    Here's a good article. It gives a little more depth to story
    27 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' questions answered by the novel
    Real nice summary of the important reveals in the book. It's just filled with more that helps a lot with context. A couple of things...

6. I'm glad to see this was expanded on. Seeing the destruction of the New Republic in the film was still a little too quick for me.

7. That's definitely helping out the argument for what everyone is speculating about. Snokes is Plagueis. I'm still hoping there is something to surprise us there, but it's definitely looking to be true.

9. I liked seeing this left out of the movie. Would have possibly given away too much if we had heard the voice and not hearing it helps Rey look a little more desperate.

10. I'm reading this differently. Just because she can feel all of that doesn't mean she's as strong as Obi-Wan. There are many diciplines in the Force.

16. This would have been nice to hear in the movie.

17. Phasma was far too underutilized. Sounds like that will be changed in Episode 8.

19. This DEFINITELY should have been shown in the movie. Anything to enforce the bond these two had.

22. This is a major major one. I got that feeling when I watched it on screen, but this solidifies it.

23. Another major one. This is one I'm reading differently than the author who thinks Rey wasn't close to killing Ren. She most definitely was. Watch that scene over again and you can see the Dark Side taking over.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Good point, 7PaintGuns. It's a sign of recognizing our own mortality when we see people and how they've aged.

I'm going with my wife and my father this weekend. My father and mother took me to see ANH back in 1977 when I was 4.

(Sent via my mobile device)

You were FOUR!!!
    Holy JESUS... and to think... we were married in 77!

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

....I'm looking forward to the second viewing, which is when I typically pick up on all the minor details and background happenings that I miss the first time around while I concentrate on the plot, story and main characters.

Me too...
    I'll even do REAL 3D the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Yes seeing this movie made me feel old, but in a good way. Wise like Obi Wan. It was very much like seeing friends after 40 years. I was 18 when the original came out. Now, at the ripe old age of 57, it is great that all the young folk will have something to look forward to in 40 more years. May the force be with all of us!
    Totally agree. And I've got a year plus on ya', being about 90 some odd days from 59 now.

Post Thanks / Like

19. I got the impression that there was this moment, albeit briefly. It certainly was clear when Chewie howled and then nailed Ren with his crossbow.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    You were FOUR!!!
    Holy JESUS... and to think... we were married in 77!
    Ah... It is what it is, right?

Fans: young, old and older.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

So..Rey is more kin to Obi-wan. And the female voiced "Silver Captain" needs some serious detailing before summer `17's sequel. Maybe some DG www for droids.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234