autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whos at fault?

Post Thanks / Like

Whos at fault?

So I've always been told that if you rear end someone, its generally always your fault for various reasons.

So lets say there are 3 drivers. You, Driver A, driver B

Driver B hits Driver A and Driver A car is knocked into your lane

your car then hits Driver A car from the sudden accident Involving Driver B hitting Driver A

Are you at fault for hitting driver A?

How would this scenario play out?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whos at fault?

Would you happen to be one of the parties in this scenario? From my experiences, driver B causes it, they're on the hook for all damages caused.

Post Thanks / Like

With your very limited details, in the state of MI, with witnesses or course, driver B is on the hook as they're the only one who will get a ticket. Will be up to the police and possibly a judge.

But, this depends on insurance as well. With AAA, as long as I'm not 51%(or more)at fault, I pay nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

NY is "no fault" state so no one is at fault. Its a beautiful thing (NOT)
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

If that happened to me, I'd get out and tell both of them "ok, I don't want any part of this on my insurance, I don't want any part of this at all! Since he hit you and caused this whole situation to happen, how about we forget I was even here and you can both agree that all your damage was caused by 1 car, his car rear ending you"

Then I'd go away and fix my own car. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad, but I'll live.

But if the damage to your car is significant, then I don't know I guess you might stick around and get involved. But I doubt you'll be at fault. But you never know, which is why I would rather not be in the report.

Call your insurance company and ask them the same question. I've done it before and they had no problem with me asking an anonymous question like that, even though it was pretty obvious I was asking about my own situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asianisafish View Post
    So I've always been told that if you rear end someone, its generally always your fault for various reasons.

So lets say there are 3 drivers. You, Driver A, driver B

Driver B hits Driver A and Driver A car is knocked into your lane

your car then hits Driver A car from the sudden accident Involving Driver B hitting Driver A

Are you at fault for hitting driver A?

How would this scenario play out?

Was your car moving at the time of impact? If so insurance may say you are partially at fault due to not being aware of your surroundings and anticipating a collision. If you were stopped you are not at fault due to not having the option to get out of the way. This is what I was told by both insurance companies when I got rear ended and I was stopped at a light. Other driver said it was my fault for not not getting out of the way if I didn't think she was gonna stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If that happened to me, I'd get out and tell both of them "ok, I don't want any part of this on my insurance, I don't want any part of this at all! Since he hit you and caused this whole situation to happen, how about we forget I was even here and you can both agree that all your damage was caused by 1 car, his car rear ending you"

Then I'd go away and fix my own car. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad, but I'll live.

But if the damage to your car is significant, then I don't know I guess you might stick around and get involved. But I doubt you'll be at fault. But you never know, which is why I would rather not be in the report.

Call your insurance company and ask them the same question. I've done it before and they had no problem with me asking an anonymous question like that, even though it was pretty obvious I was asking about my own situation.

I don't understand why if you aren't at fault why you would leave. Do you have a car full of drugs you don't want to be found lol?

As for the original question if you are just driving in your lane and another vehicle enters it and you hit them you shouldn't be at fault unless they were driving in the same direction as you and you just didn't see them and you rear ended them and past that you only should be in any trouble if you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
    I don't understand why if you aren't at fault why you would leave. Do you have a car full of drugs you don't want to be found lol?

As for the original question if you are just driving in your lane and another vehicle enters it and you hit them you shouldn't be at fault unless they were driving in the same direction as you and you just didn't see them and you rear ended them and past that you only should be in any trouble if you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    If you don't want it on your Carfax.

Post Thanks / Like

Whos at fault?

Doesn't that only get on the carfax if repairs are done not just having your name on a police report? And then past that if someone is buying your car later isn't it only fair they know it was repaired?

Post Thanks / Like

In Ohio driver A would be at fault because he entered your lane, regardless of reasoning.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast