autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you do?

I'll keep this as short as possible. I ordered my 2016 Camaro SS about 8 weeks ago. I offed a deposit not even knowing the price, they said a handshake was good enough. Knowing my handshake is as good as any signed contract I trusted them. My Camaro was supposed to be the first SS that they got. Bottom line it's actually going to be weeks behind their first one. The sales manager made a big deal about how cool it was that I was getting the first one. Lie number one. Two weeks ago I was told my car was status 3800 which means going down the line any day. I actually found out yesterday it had just gotten moved up to status 3300 that's when a production date is issued and the build date is the week of Nivember 30th. Lie number two. As of yesterday the salesman is telling me they still don't have pricing on the car. Lie number three. Also when I ordered the car I asked if my trade in value of 18500 was still going to be good when the car got there. They told me they couldn't be sure of that.
    Long story short after the third lie I consider our gentlemen so agreement to be over. I found a dealer who had my identical car coming in at the same time, except it has a vinyl stripe I'll probably end up removing. Anyway they are offering 19500.00 for my car and selling me the new one at invoice instead of MSRP which I figured is what I would have to pay for a new model. I put a depsit on the car.
    I'm almost positive dealer "A" is trying to wait until the car is in front of me then try to charge me a couple grand over MSRP. The car was also order as stock, not a sold unit so I expect to hear there was a mistake and the car showed as open inventory and we have someone else who wants the car also. Then I expect them to tell me the value of mine went down, which black book did drop about 1500.00 a couple weeks ago.
    Part of me wants to let them go ahead and play their game then laugh in their faces, tell them what I think about the way they conduct business. The other part of me wants to just go in there now and tell them what I think of the way they do business and tell them I'm out. If I go with plan "B" they will probably have another buyer before the car gets there. Plan "A" at least they are going to have to sit on that car for a little while.
    Keeping in mind they lied to me not once, not twice, but three times which way would you go?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you do?

I really think I'd go with plan B. But I've gotten a little surly in my old age
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

What would I do? Not buy a new car... but thats beside the point

I would want to do A but would do B. I know a new car dealer is lying cause their mouths are moving so that wouldn't surprise me. I would most definitely let them know why I wasn't happy with their service and that I will be telling everyone and anyone who will listen. Internet reviews and all.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple, do what is best for you...period!

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as to why a dealer would be selling you a 2016 SS at invoice. I know there is backend money being made, since I work in the industry...but to sell a brand new car at invoice, is odd...

Post Thanks / Like

Why deal with a with a dealership who keeps giving you the runaround???

Plan B!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99monguse View Post
    I am curious as to why a dealer would be selling you a 2016 SS at invoice. I know there is backend money being made, since I work in the industry...but to sell a brand new car at invoice, is odd...
    They are TELLING him they are selling at invoice. I work at a dealership and have seen many new cars sold at invoice, but money was made on products (warranties, protections...). And sometimes it's just a numbers game: "Hey, we sold 5000 new cars this month. We're number one."

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you signed a contract and gave a "non-refundable" deposit, you can get your money back after 30 days if the car isn't delivered. At least that was the case for me in California. Don't let the handshake contract mess with your conscience. There's a limit for everything. One of the most important things to have in line when buying a new car is to have a Plan B so you can walk away anytime.

I'd just give him a call and tell him you've moved on. Makes for a good story that you held your ground.

Post Thanks / Like

A deal isn't a deal until contract is signed. The worst feeling for me is one that I've been lied too, whether a realism or a gut feeling. I for one am a sucker for the"gotta have it now" but the Camaro just started production and soon they will be plentiful on the lots, ask yourself how important is it to have one of the first ones? I'd stick to the car you want,at the price your comfortable with and walk away happy

Post Thanks / Like

This is why dealerships are awful places - a problem Tesla has fixed. Regardless, I see all purchases as business transactions. Nothing personal when it isn't in fact done with someone I know as a friend. If there is nothing on paper, then there is no contract. We can be human with each other, but for dealer A, there is nothing personal about the transaction with you. You should consider it to be the same and move on.

(Sent via my mobile device)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.