autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Thinking of getting a goat

So I own about 5 cars in which I plan on junking one, sale the other one, and keep about 3 but now I got an itch to get me a Goat aka 2006 Pontiac GTO! I seen the ads in which some ask 15K for 82K miles on it (Silver), other is asking 16K for 62K miles (Black). Does anyone here own one and put your two cents in.....please note that I have looked in the Kelly Blue Book for the value and it is in the market range. I plan on using it for the weekend drive type of car....please input
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking of getting a goat

I've been around them a lot. Cool cars. One owner whose car I cleaned a lot said that there was some manufacturing defect with the trans in certain years. He had to replace his manual trans despite the defect being known to GM.

Not sure on the details but I'd look into that.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    I've been around them a lot. Cool cars. One owner whose car I cleaned a lot said that there was some manufacturing defect with the trans in certain years. He had to replace his manual trans despite the defect being known to GM.

Not sure on the details but I'd look into that.
    I am searching and all I find it that the cars MPG and trunk space that is it.....nothing no tranny or engine problem.
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I have a nice 06 GTO M6. Full host of upgrades. Cam, headers, axles, clutch etc etc..

Up until recently I have been daily driving it. About 80miles a day, mostly highway. Avg about 19-22 hwy and 14 city. Great cruising car. But like all cars they have there quirks.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I read the thread title and thought you meant an actual goat! These little buggers rock!

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    LOL! I read the thread title and thought you meant an actual goat! These little buggers rock!

Mmm, cabrita

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post
    So I own about 5 cars in which I plan on junking one, sale the other one, and keep about 3 but now I got an itch to get me a Goat aka 2006 Pontiac GTO! I seen the ads in which some ask 15K for 82K miles on it (Silver), other is asking 16K for 62K miles (Black). Does anyone here own one and put your two cents in.....please note that I have looked in the Kelly Blue Book for the value and it is in the market range. I plan on using it for the weekend drive type of car....please input
    Kellyblue book is way out of range,nada is more reality try car gurus on the net nice car though .

Post Thanks / Like

I too, was thinking of this type of goat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

Post Thanks / Like

^ ok, that right there is freakin' hysterical!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aztec1987 View Post

Thought I would pass this on. It was just posted today on a car forum I frequent.
    I myself liked the thought of an 05-06 but now I dunno.

What are some things I need to be aware of?
    1. Rear seats like to come apart on the head rest....all GTO's
    2. Driver side water leak
    3. Sh1tty stock two piece drive shaft
    4. Stock rear springs sag (classic Pontiac sag) causing wheel hop, have to upgrade rear suspension(not cheap)
    5. The 4L65E Auto trans have high failure rate, The M6 not so much, but the slave cylinders are junk, have to upgrade.
    6. LS2 models (05-06) have drive by wire, TB upgrades are stupid fuking expensive
    7. Stock Brakes have what we call death wobble when shutting down from speeds above 80 (which is often LOL)
    8. Aftermarket air intakes are not cheap cause the best ones are Over the radiator style.
    9. Chin spoilers are hard to find(the good ones) all the others are expensive
    10. Stock radiators fail often
    11. Rear diff likes to whine, Also the IRS(independent rear suspension) rear half shafts aren't cheap if you bust one.
    12. SAP grills unlike GPO grills are $800 for legit ones, the knock offs are $200+
    13. SAP(special appearance package) parts are crazy expensinve
    16. Getting tuned cost about $400, unless you know people
    17. Wheel options are limited because of rear fender well design, can't go bigger than 275 without lots of modding
    18. Window switches go out often, have to buy used
    19. key fobs are expensive and go out also
    20. Door lock actuators go out and have to buy used, hoping they work
    21. Driver seat likes to rip easy
    22. It's an Australian car, importing new parts is a nightmare....and expensive
    23. Any owner that says they babied it...is full of sh1t.
    24. Stock headlight housings are junk, fade easy and are expensive to replace
    25. Stock door handles like to chip paint, the upgrades are Cadillac Catera handles which are hard to find

That's what I can remember right now, join the LS2GTO forum to see alllll the problems GTO owners deal with.
    Not saying don't get one just find one with upgrades at a good price....um, yeah about that...GTO owners think sh1t is made of gold.

Oh and the LS1 only has 50hp less than the LS2 with a BIGGER, cheaper aftermarket. Go look at GTO LS2 headers for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast