autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: no more optimum for me, alternatives?

I'm really confused here. You say you don't know what Gloss-Coat is and that you buy Opti-Coat from AutoGeek. But that doesn't add up because Gloss-Coat was introduced over a year ago (I believe) and it replaced Opti-Coat 2.0. If you have ordered an Optimum coating in the last year, you would have known about the change.

So to get this straight...

1) You're not going to use their products because you feel their professional coating is too expensive?

2) You're not an AUTHORIZED INSTALLER, yet you advertise on your "Info" page that you offer Opti-Coat?

Quote Originally Posted by ProReflection
    • What is Paint Protection Coating?
    We use Optimum opti-coat, a revolutionary product used to give a permanent second layer of protection to your vehicle after the clear coat. This product has been tested for over 2 years with great long-term results. The coating paint is easy to clean up and can withstand the harsh environment such as water spots, bug debris, tar, car wash soap, dishwasher soap, UV rays, etc. Basically, the car will no longer need any more wax or seal coatings. Your car will have a just-detailed look every time it is washed. The coating is applied directly on the paint, wheels, glass, plastic, and chrome. Race cars, trailers, boats, RV and commercial vehicles can also benefit from a paint protection coating.
    Texas Opti-Coat Pro Authorized Installers: Optimum Polymer Technologies : Dealers in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    ...i don`t have to support their products and business. i use to recommend them to any client who got their car polished, and buy in gallons from them. not anymore...
    Yet you still advertise on your website that you do?

So basically you're not happy with how Optimum prices their professional coating, yet you're offering it illegally on your own website? I think OPTIMUM should be the one that's upset.
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

This seems a little silly. If I understand what happened correctly, then they're within their right to ask you to advertise their products correctly.

Think about if someone was recommending your shop and they got everything wrong about what you do. Wouldn't you feel compelled to step in and ask them to either adjust their wording or stop recommending you at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
    So basically you're not happy with how Optimum prices their professional coating, yet you're offering it illegally on your own website? I think OPTIMUM should be the one that's upset.
    Pretty sure it's not "illegal" to have outdated information on your website. Especially considering it was 100% accurate at the time it was updated...

Optimum should have thought about the long term ramifications of their "branding challenges" when they named two totally different products almost exactly the same thing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Opti-Coat Pro. How would the average consumer realistically be able to distinguish between the two without doing hours of research???
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Pretty sure it's not "illegal" to have outdated information on your website. Especially considering it was 100% accurate at the time it was updated...

Optimum should have thought about the long term ramifications of their "branding challenges" when they named two totally different products almost exactly the same thing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Opti-Coat Pro. How would the average consumer realistically be able to distinguish between the two without doing hours of research???
    Ok, how does false advertising work for you instead? He's had a year to update it, if not more. The responsibility to advertise his services correctly is on him, NOT Optimum. Period.

Yes, I agree OPT didn't choose wisely with the original naming scheme. Doesn't change anything in this situation though.
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

OPT did mess up by naming the products alike

wasodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Driven Auto Detail View Post
    Ok, how does false advertising work for you instead? He's had a year to update it, if not more. The responsibility to advertise his services correctly is on him, NOT Optimum. Period.

Yes, I agree OPT didn't choose wisely with the original naming scheme. Doesn't change anything in this situation though.
    How do you know he didn't stock pile OC 2.0 and is still offering that? Everyone is always so quick to judge.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wasodetail View Post
    OPT did mess up by naming the products alike

wasodetail
    True true. First it was Opti-Coat, then Opti-Guard, now Opti-Coat Pro. When it changed to Opti-Guard they released Opti-Coat 2.0. And to top it off Opti-Guard is now an interior coating, and now there is Opti-Coat Pro+.

Still doesn't excuse selling the consumer coating as Pro coating.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    True ture. First it was Opti-Coat, then Opti-Guard, now Opti-Coat Pro. When it changed to Opti-Guard they released Opti-Coat 2.0. And to top it off Opti-Guard is now an interior coating, and now there is Opti-Coat Pro+.

Still doesn't excuse selling the consumer coating as Pro coatings.
    It's better to be up front with your customers

wasodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    How do you know he didn't stock pile OC 2.0 and is still offering that? Everyone is always so quick to judge.
    Everybodys got great points on this topic

wasodetail

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a very simple fix. Change the wording on the website to reflect the product you are using.

Opti-Coat is what the authorized pro version is called.

Optimum Gloss Coat is the consumer version being used. So call it what it is "Optimum Gloss Coat". Its still a coating but the name is not Opti-Coat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast