autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: VW Scandal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VW Scandal

It's unfortunate they cheated/lied to consumers and should "have their feet to the fire" as they say. I'm far from a "tree huger" as my mustang has missing emissions equipment but that was my choice, and it should be left to the individual to do what they please with their vehicle not have it taken from them. Some people bought it for their emission standards and now they are left with a 40+k lie.

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say on this is - what happened to all the VW-hippy-protect-the-earth nonsense? I thought VW was supposed to be this hip company that keeps the environment in mind?

Now we find the are just corporate polluters like the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot one thing, again, just like EPA and the media: the VW brand (ignoring the other VAG nameplates) has perhaps the highest fleet average fuel economy of any major manufacturer. Less hydrocarbons equals less pollution. Period.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    It's unfortunate they cheated/lied to consumers and should "have their feet to the fire" as they say. I'm far from a "tree huger" as my mustang has missing emissions equipment but that was my choice, and it should be left to the individual to do what they please with their vehicle not have it taken from them. Some people bought it for their emission standards and now they are left with a 40+k lie.
    Ummm, doing "what they please" not a choice the consumer gets to make, legally speaking. If you tamper with factory-installed, government-mandated and -regulated emissions controls, you, the consumer, are in violation of federal law. The choice is whether or not to violate the law.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Less hydrocarbons equals less pollution. Period.
    I also believe that having less hydrocarbons,
    [example: triterpene-hydrocarbons (Human sebum)],
    will be a definite factor in having less overall pollution.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of factors here that I am by no means an expert on. It can also be argued to fit any agenda.

Regardless being dishonest and misrepresenting a product is very wrong. I still believe the overall environmental impact is being blown way out of proportion.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree! We've devised a system, to address environmental concerns, for sure it's not perfect, but still needs to be adhered to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MPBGT View Post
    There are a lot of factors here that I am by no means an expert on. It can also be argued to fit any agenda.

Regardless being dishonest and misrepresenting a product is very wrong. I still believe the overall environmental impact is being blown way out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    Agree! We've devised a system, to address environmental concerns, for sure it's not perfect, but still needs to be adhered to.
    We are all on the same page.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I said exhaust fumes contribute to cancer promblems ,nothing worse than these diesel truck in fla the tail pipe is on the roof on buses which still polluting the air ,look at your weed wacker mower smoke stacks worst of all jet airplanes .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    We are all on the same page.

No.

Not so much.

Can you name one single anti pollution law that you (or me) as a voter was given the ability to vote on?

If not then "we" are not part of that "we've" you mentioned.
    And don't EVEN suggest that we have a representative government.
    I have NEVER had MY views given a seconds thought by any of my states representatives or senators.
    As a matter of fact Diane Feinstein lied directly to my face, in person, when I asked her if every penny of the states off road vehicle fund would be spent on off road parks and improvement of trails. She said that it certainly would and then within four months had seized all the money and diverted it to the general fund. Where it was spent on programs that I would not have funded if Hell froze over.
    No money was ever spent on off roaders that was taken from off roaders.
    And now the federal and state taxers want to increase the over the road taxes and fuel taxes. For road repairs? Hell no! They will loot that fund and transfer it to some easier to hide appropriations fund and that money will vanish too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.