autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's talk car shows

For those of you who participate in car shows/cruise nights, when did you first decide your car was "worthy" (for lack of a better term) of entering them?

I've always loved going to them and thought it would be cool to be able to participate someday. Well, with the recent purchase of my GTO, my interest has certainly peaked. My Goat has a decent list of mods (nothing crazy though) and I personally feel it's gorgeous, but the last thing I wanna do is be that guy people are walking by wondering why that car was entered lol. I guess if nothing else it's a bit intimidating since I've never done it before and don't personally know anyone in my area involved in that scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's talk car shows

i stopped going to car shows after seeing how people take care of their paint...just too brutal.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

I don't enter shows to win, but we have what I consider very cool monthly shows here.

Caffeine and Exotics

And

Caffeine and Octane

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All those "show cars" out of 300 cars there will be 3 at the show with decent paint.

Not only swirls scratches.

But streaks from improper washing. Streaks from improper use of quick detail spray.

There glass is all smudged with streaks.

Its quite sad.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention all the wax residue in the emblems mouldings jambs

Post Thanks / Like

Its about hp and bling. Frankly, having perfect paint isn't worth a cup of coffee in terms of being "worthy" unless you're entering the high end concourse or high prestige events.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Just go and and have fun. I have a Mustang GT (on one hand, not a Lambo, on the other, not a 57 Chevy). Who cares.... Go, park, lift your hood and make friends. You'll find at local cruise nights it's the same folks that show up every week.

At our Mustang club we have a kid show up with his new Subaru Impreza. We don't mind... the boxer engine is kind of cool to look at.... especially when he's parked between two super-charged GT500 Super-Snakes. LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Just go and and have fun. I have a Mustang GT (on one hand, not a Lambo, on the other, not a 57 Chevy). Who cares.... Go, park, lift your hood and make friends. You'll find at local cruise nights it's the same folks that show up every week.

At our Mustang club we have a kid show up with his new Subaru Impreza. We don't mind... the boxer engine is kind of cool to look at.... especially when he's parked between two supercharged GT500 Super-Snakes. LOL...
    I'm with you on this one, Paul-G! I have doing local cruise nights for at least 12 years and local car shows. We go for the camaraderie and just plane talking cars. We have met lots of nice people and made some good friends. As far as how people look after their cars it's varied, that's for sure. Some are just plain not too worried about swirl marks etc. Then some like me were almost paranoid about it. I used to worry about people getting too close and scratching it or people with strollers with kids touching my 72 Nova. It kind of took the fun out of it when I did take my Nova to the local cruise night. My 85 Monte Carlo SS, I don't worry about near as much so I enjoy myself much more when I take it.

novaman

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about the level of detail on my car.....I can hold my own in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

I only do car shows for fun, meeting other car people, and seeing other great cars. So over the stress and attitudes that come with car shows. Most people who care for their cars on this site are going to look better than 80% of the cars at a car show. Local shows and cruise in are so much better. People are so much nicer since the bragging rights over a trophy are gone.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast