autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad Backs & Broken Bones ... Just my luck! 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Wowzaaaaa Dave!

Bet she got upset about messing up her 'pedi'.

Here's last nights shot.

Don't think she'll be whopping me just yet. But YES, that thing is harder than it looks!

On another note, you should SEE my friggin shoulder today.

Swelling on the front, (front of arm/armpit area) to where it's sticking out a good inch. I have no freaking idea how it got so bad. Been putting ice on it since Wednesday and it now has it's on darned zip code!

@Tenblade.... It's like I've had a darned implant put in and it moved to the front of my arm pit! As a friend told me today when he saw the picture; "That ain't right!"

Of course with it being a Holiday weekend.... can't get in to see a doc till Wednesday. In fact... it' the SAME ONE that Mama just saw, on the SAME DAY that she's going back, 40 minutes later.
    Damn...maybe I better check my armpits lol I really don't get how she did the tow. She said her feet went out from under her. When she fell her hand went down behind her. My oldest son is like that. He's split his chin open about 5 times. How do you fall forward and not get your hands down...that's like instinct. And of course a broken arm. Thank god my other two children take after me more than their mother lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Tony...not trying to one up you...but here is Carol's after two week. Got her temp cast off and staples out today.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

One up????

No sirrrreeeee eeewwww yuuucckkk!!!

My GOODNESS brother.

Nope, we don't have that. We just have yellow bruises now. (Can't U/L via Tapatalk)

We're both going in the morning to tje ortho guy. We'll find out if he wants to operate on hers (hopefully not).

Then he needs to check out this WEIRD misplaced muscle on my shoulder. Aaaannnnddd if thst wasn't enough, I've farkled my R knee again, and have been wearing the hard brace since Saturday. (The one with the metal hinge.) It's moving weird when I walk, swollen, tender, has fluid on it, and needs a shot!

Then Thursday I go downtown to the pain doc for a back injection.

Boy... being old ain't what it's cracked up to be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    ...Boy... being old ain't what it's cracked up to be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

NO S**T!!!

This is when I realized that the golden years are really nothing but tarnished brass

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... didn't get the news we hoped for just now.

Mama is having surgery on her wrist Friday morning!

And if that wasn't enough....

I've got a rather "strange" rotator cuff tear! We'll know more once we get (yet) another MRI.

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you and Carmomma a speedy recovery. Jeez, ya gotta remember we don't bounce back like rubber anymore. Be careful, be safe.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Speedy recovery to everyone!!!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am truly sorry to hear about carmomma, Tony. I have not been on the forum for a while (in the process of selling my house and moving) and was just trying to catch up a bit and saw the news. My first thought was an intra-articular fracture even of the non-dominant should require surgery. As I progressively reading through the page I was formulating my reply and low and behold she is scheduled for surgery.

If you ever need some post-operative guidance as to what she should do awaiting the formal rehabilitation OR after they remove her from fixation and you want to discuss the physical therapy, feel free to PM. That's what I do for a living

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone gets back to much better soon!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Bad Backs & Broken Bones ... Just my luck! 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    NO S**T!!!

This is when I realized that the golden years are really nothing but tarnished brass

Bill
    Yeah, more like green, smelly, and bent up all over!

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Wishing you and Carmomma a speedy recovery. Jeez, ya gotta remember we don't bounce back like rubber anymore. Be careful, be safe.
    And ya' know... if she'd have 'bounced' we might not be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Speedy recovery to everyone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Hope everyone gets back to much better soon!
    Thanks guys... Jesus, we need to start getting better around here.... wondering how bad, BAD is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Well, I am truly sorry to hear about carmomma, Tony. I have not been on the forum for a while (in the process of selling my house and moving) and was just trying to catch up a bit and saw the news. My first thought was an intra-articular fracture even of the non-dominant should require surgery. As I progressively reading through the page I was formulating my reply and low and behold she is scheduled for surgery.

If you ever need some post-operative guidance as to what she should do awaiting the formal rehabilitation OR after they remove her from fixation and you want to discuss the physical therapy, feel free to PM. That's what I do for a living

Was wondering where you been Claude. Boy I tell ya'... I'm glad (or at least hope) that I never EVER have to move again. We moved here in 04, from our old place where we were for over 22 years. It took "Two Men and a Truck" SEVEN men and THREE trucks, with two of them making two trips! We'd started moving stuff a week before that, and continued to make loads for a month afterwards. Just had to get here when we did as school was already 2 weeks in and we had to get the kids moved.

I still have your cell (I think) and probably will have some questions once we get into this mess.

I just HATE that she has to go through this ordeal. Considering missing work, ANY work... is out of the question.
    She's lucky there, having been there over 30 years.... as long as she puts in 4 hours she gets paid for the full day. Just that this last year she's been taking care of her Mom quite a bit, back and forth to all sorts of doctors, then several trips with me to surgical centers she's done a LOT of half days this year. (Good thing there's about 6 weeks of vacation/personal days to work with.)

As for my shoulder; all he could say today was "that is strange". It's obviously a muscle, but it's NO - WHERE - N-E-A-R where it's supposed to be!

Already did an MRI earlier this year on it, (showed some rotator cuff damage) but this time it's like a kielbasa running across the front of my armpit! Still aches at the 'cuff' and down the outside of my bicep, and has let up down the inside of my tricep. It was CRAZY sore there last week!

Told him I'd been using lots of ice, that and Lidoderm patches. He asked if it hurts..."As long as I don't move it anything but slowly, reach behind me, above me, out to the side, or try to pick up anything that weighs more than my arm you mean? Basically as long as I don't use it.... sure, short of that it's fine."

But yeah.... thanks for the offer Claude. Guess we'll see after Friday what we're to do next. I'm thinking skydiving, maybe one of those flying suits. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug. Bet you smack into something while flying and you're a good sized bug!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast