autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone talk me out of Zymol Vintage?

I know this isnt AG related BUT IT IS! Recently I've ordered some Zymol waxes and I like'em.

Obviously with waxes you get marginal returns in terms of looks. But there is something inside me that wants to get the Vintage, I had it in the shopping cart, but chickened out.

HELP!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    BUY IT!!!

and than send me some of it.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to buy it, get the new one they have, don't be a chicken, its only $30,000!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    If you are going to buy it, get the new one they have, don't be a chicken, its only $30,000!
    I also heard you have to mix it yourself, but at least they give you a GOLD MIXING SPOON!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just sitting here reflecting on what an expensive hobby this has turned into for me and I haven't even broken down and paid for Soveran yet...

That said, if you've got the money, and you'll get as much or more enjoyment out of the purchase than you would spending it on something else, I say go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    too rich for my blood
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO it's a whole lot of snob appeal and very little difference over PS. People get so hung up on the wax..I'd rather spend the time/$$ on the prep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't talk to Calgary Detail ... he just ordered some. I don't know if I can talk you out of it... But here is my opinion. I don't see the satisfaction of using a $1200 wax being a lot more than the satisfaction that I can get from a $30 or even $70 wax. The price / satisfaction alone isn't worth it. Plus isn't there a rule that states that it's 90% prep and 10% wax? Even if this wax is the greatest and looks the best ... I am doubtful that anyone could see a difference between an expensive wax vs. a different wax. But then again there is the personal satisfaction of owning expensive wax ... but that is all up to you.

Call me cheap but I was a little uneasy of buying Natty's Red for $23. I'm still trying to figure out if it'd be worth it for me to get SSII , Max Wax or Souveran ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    Don't talk to Calgary Detail ... he just ordered some. I don't know if I can talk you out of it... But here is my opinion. I don't see the satisfaction of using a $1200 wax being a lot more than the satisfaction that I can get from a $30 or even $70 wax. The price / satisfaction alone isn't worth it. Plus isn't there a rule that states that it's 90% prep and 10% wax? Even if this wax is the greatest and looks the best ... I am doubtful that anyone could see a difference between an expensive wax vs. a different wax. But then again there is the personal satisfaction of owning expensive wax ... but that is all up to you.

Call me cheap but I was a little uneasy of buying Natty's Red for $23. I'm still trying to figure out if it'd be worth it for me to get SSII , Max Wax or Souveran ....
    ss11 is awesome you cant go wrong it really brings out a wet shine to the car its not just hype!!
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    FMINUS-- it ain't worth it. If it only lasts as long as an $80 wax whats the big deal. Zymol is good at hyping up their waxes... but that's all it is is hype. Why don't you take the money and pamper your pregnant wife, get her one of those pregency massages!! when my wife was prego she got one of those and absolutely loved it!!! you can do alot with $1200 besides invest it in a little jar of of wax.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast