autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

some times its not about the money

so a few months back a family freind (golfs twice a weekend with my dad) asked about getting his car detailed. I told him i would do it for him. He is a really nice guy, often calls me to see how school and what not is going. he was also recenlty dignosed with severe colon cancer. So i thought it would be a nice gesture for him.
    So i got a chance to finnaly do the car last friday. It was cold so he had to go in and warm up alot.

He was very impressed with the start of the job (up to the clay), kept talking about how impressed he was with the job. I told him we are just starting.

He had a birthday lunch to go to so he left (very apologetic.. wasnt a big deal to me) he said what will it be.. i said nothing i promised i would do it. the arguing lasted ten minutes.. he finnaly had to go... i won
    So tonight was his b-day so my parents went out with him. When they came home they had a present for me.. The gentleman had gone out and picked up a bottle of scotch for me. I was very thouched...i didnt expect anything. I did it becase I wanted to. No matter how much money he had given me it would not have been the same. He went out, took the time out of his day, and hand picked somthing for me....
    I guees the moral of this story is that sometimes its not about making a few bucks or having a nice little paycheck.. its about more.....

Its not always about the money

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a touching story it's nice of you to detail your family friend's vehicle. Yeah, doing nice things for someone does make you feel good, it's a great feeling!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it when people do that. I enjoy helping/doing nice things for people. Sometimes just the look on their face is in a word priceless.
    I've got a friend getting married on the 29th of this month. He's got an 04 GTO and it hasn't been detailed in a while. I told him that I'd detail his car for free as a wedding present to him and his new bride. I don't care who you are, you can't show up for your wedding in a dirty car...LOL

2006 Pontiac GTO 6 Speed
    No longer stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!!!

The bonus is, every time you take a drink from that bottle, you will smile as you think about how such a nice gesture was returned with another

I do anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    How about you call my ext in the morning and I will personally take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice of you, its nice to stop and remember what is really important in this life! And now you can stop and have a sip of that scotch and remember!
    No good deed goes undone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done CalgaryDetail, I totally agree with Meghan
    No good deed goes undone!
    What ever good/bad deed you do it always comes back to you.

Good for you buddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    A great first post to read on my Tuesday mornings. Great job and nothing makes you feel better than doing something nice for someone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail View Post
    Its not always about the money
    You're so right.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the "other" think to take away from this scenario is giving back (although not required) is sometimes more rewarding especially if the party didnt want it nor expected it. It cost him very little and meant so much more to you and I bet he feels even better for doing it.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post
    I love it when people do that. I enjoy helping/doing nice things for people. Sometimes just the look on their face is in a word priceless.
    I've got a friend getting married on the 29th of this month. He's got an 04 GTO and it hasn't been detailed in a while. I told him that I'd detail his car for free as a wedding present to him and his new bride. I don't care who you are, you can't show up for your wedding in a dirty car...LOL
    GOT THAT RIGHT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast