autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes life happens

So my girlfriend and I broke up (kind of, we're both going through real crap in life right now. She and I want to keep trying so we are...) and in addition to that I'm Bipolar disorder II. That means instead of the typical Bipolar people think of with extreme anger and extreme mania, I cycle through less severe versions of both the highs and lows but much more frequently and I also have been having issues with anxiety to where I have felt like I'm gonna throw up the past three days straight.

It's funny how detailing has helped me. It has given me something to do by myself and see improvements in, but I have a rule: if I'm pretty upset or down or whatever, I don't allow myself near my paint. I don't think (actually I know) I'd ever damage my car intentionally out of emotion, but if I can't put all my focus on the task at hand then I can't be sure I'll do a 100% job.

So my car hasn't been washed. My parents have asked me if I'm okay because I haven't washed my car once in the last 2.5 weeks aside from one rinseless wash.

Even my dog knows something is up. He walked upstairs and scratched on my door until I let him in only to lay down next to me which he's never been much of the type of dog to do (doesn't EVER come upstairs either).

Oh well. As is almost always true: I'll be fine. I just wish I could gather up the energy to go do something to my car. I need to do a light correction and remove the Duragloss coating and apply Cquartz Classic some time this summer. I have plans to do an engine detail and finally use my Carpro Ceriglass and Rayon Pads from Christmas soon as well.

Just goes to show that detailing isn't the only thing.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sometimes life happens

Keep your head up man, stay strong and hopefully everything works out for the best

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on keeping on.
    Everyday is a gift from Above.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

When you're at the bottom... the only place to go is up. Best wishes!!

My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in kinda the same boat, kinda different boat. Never been diagnosed with bi polar but pretty sure it's there somewhere along with anxiety. Ever since i found out my now ex gf of 2 years (been apart 1 year) cheated on my with 20+ guys, it kinda puts a knife in your heart. Luckily i had detailing to fall back on as somthing to calm me down ect. But lately i just havn't been feeling it. I don't go out much or have many friends ect (not that i'm a bad person) I try n force myself to go out and wash my car and sometimes it works other times it doesn't. Deep down i know i still truly love detailing along with a career in heavy equipment. But some days I just sit back and wonder why i am the way i am. Keep your head up cause your not the only one feeling the way you do

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend a nice 30-40 minute workout every morning...specifically one of the P90X systems. It will greatly help your mood and tons of other benefits.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I would recommend a nice 30-40 minute workout every morning...specifically one of the P90X systems. It will greatly help your mood and tons of other benefits.
    I'm currently in physical therapy for my back, otherwise I'd be training for crossfit. I've lost 15 pounds of muscle alone in the past year and a half not being able to work out like I used to. I've just been mountain biking when it's not pouring rain and running when I can.

Interesting you mentioned P90X, my buddy did that and I just made fun of him, but he stuck to it and he got pretty big pretty fast, especially for not using a gym!

Post Thanks / Like

Remember this isn't just your average detailing forum, we are all family here. When you feel like you need someone you can count on these guys, you are not alone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I'm currently in physical therapy for my back, otherwise I'd be training for crossfit. I've lost 15 pounds of muscle alone in the past year and a half not being able to work out like I used to. I've just been mountain biking when it's not pouring rain and running when I can.

Interesting you mentioned P90X, my buddy did that and I just made fun of him, but he stuck to it and he got pretty big pretty fast, especially for not using a gym!
    Tony Hortons motto (one of them) is if you hurt your left arm you have a right arm and 2 legs. Do the things that do not hurt your back. Trust me doing SOMETHING is much much much much better than doing nothing. Getting your back better is important and when it is start working on those muscles and make that back pain never come back!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast