autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's your weather currently like?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Not good at all. I live in a riverside town, well there are actually 2 or 3 in the area. The largest has major flood warnings at the moment, expected to peak Friday evening. The other two are at major or moderate warnings for flooding. It rained most of yesterday, most of today, same last week. It's been a wet winter and spring, so everything was already at capacity. My home is on high ground, but my co-workers are preparing for flooding at their homes.

At least the rain has been steady rather than torrential, giving people time to plan and prepare. Saturday is expected to be when it becomes real.
    I hope it doesn't end up as bad as it's looking, and you all stay safe. It hasn't started raining here yet, and it's not supposed to hit us as bad. We had ours a few months ago, and while I'm not near any rivers, we are next to a flood plain.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Stay safe dude

Prayers headed your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2

Be safe brother!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I hope it doesn't end up as bad as it's looking, and you all stay safe. It hasn't started raining here yet, and it's not supposed to hit us as bad. We had ours a few months ago, and while I'm not near any rivers, we are next to a flood plain.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Mate it's been raining here in Tasmania since Easter, Flooding in Latrobe mum works at the hospital so has to take the long way around but we are pretty used to this sort of weather, The highway is chopped up more than a celebrity Hollywood face!

But it's the wind if not the rain that gets to me, people say what are you scared of i say mother nature!

5. Likes Big Dave, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird double post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Ok, using this word automatically gets you 3 demerits on AGO.

Wha? Using that word should get me a bottle of interior cleaner or a microfiber towel or…something. That’s a great word😀

Post Thanks / Like

Freezing during the night and fairly cool during the day. Glad vet has great heater. hate driving with the tops on. wont be long and I will be putting her away for her long winter nap

9. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical fall weather here in PA. Some really nice days and colder nights. Looks like the last grass cut will be this weekend.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Likes Big Dave, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Current flood mapping has my home missing out on inundation, many won't be so lucky. Flood peaks are expected to strike late Sunday and Monday and several areas of the town will be isolated.

This is from my parents retirement place about an hour upstream, complete write off at this stage, who knows where his boat will be at this stage.

At least it's stopped raining............for now, there is quite a bit more due late next week.

13. Likes dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to see that DFB. Hope everyone stays safe but that is devastating.

15. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to get very worried now. Water is creeping it's way through the streets now, pushing up through the drains. The main street that mine joins onto is starting to flood at the river end, homes are still fine, and they were last time this happened 30 years ago.

The flood map suggests we will be ok. I'm told that catholic churches are always built on high land, well I have two within a 1-minute walk of my home. How true that is I don't know.

I'm also starting to worry about my cars. If the water comes in through the drains, it will lead into the garage. Our home is well raised, we will be fine, but those cars mean the world to me. I have the ability to put the XR8 on jack stands if needed, the others? I have also never put a car up on all four corners before, so I'm worried about that too.

My employers lost the battle to save their parents' home last night, only managing to get themselves home in time. Two of the guys are now stranded at home, the other actually lives in my street. They laid over 250 sandbags in vein.

6000 homes are without power due to substation that is unprotected being under water. The hospital I was in on Friday has just been sand bagged. 7300 homes will be flooded when the rivers peak early Monday. We still have clean, running water at this point. The supermarkets are being stripped, the town is now isolated with no road access in or out. No milk or bread left.

Just a little panicked.

17. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
Page 118 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1868108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast