autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show us your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Who needs a car alarm!!!
    Truth be told, the only thing you'd have to worry about is getting licked to death.

But that's between you and I.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Show us your pet.

Jax and Khaki relaxing after doing some digging in the dirt.

Jax giving Khaki some comfort after she had a rough day at the vets office.

Snoozing on a sunny afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys, custmsprty, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul, tell me more about the collars.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hey Paul, they are Whistle Pet Tracker (GPS).
    https://www.whistle.com/

Back in 2010 I started with Gen I of "Tagg The Pet Tracker", upgraded to Gen II. Sometime in 2014 Tagg was purchased by Whistle.
    Took them about 6-8 months to upgrade the neglected Tagg infrastructure and work the kinks out, but since then no issues.

They are now on Gen III which is why it's called "Whistle 3". Most competitors work similarly, but this platform has been around for a long time and works quite well.
    I felt Tagg / Whistle was the best solution at least in increasing the chances of a rescue should they get away from me. Knock on wood I haven't had to use it, but it's a good piece of mind.

Everyone asks me if those are bark or shock collars... LOL... No, they're consumer grade gps trackers that work off of geo fencing, once outside the fence, it takes about 3 minutes to trigger an alert. At that point you can fully use the track or update GSP Location features. When inside the GEO fence, there is no tracking and unit goes into power saving mode. You can adjust the geo fence... Mine is the smallest which includes my house/yard and clips the neighbors houses. So probably 300-500 feet circumference is the smallest. For those that have dogs that can be off lead, and work farms and such, you can make the geo fence fairly large. Grey's can't be off lead when not in a fenced area or house.

Hope all this helps!

Edit: Let me expound on GEO Fence. It's virtual, not a real fence or electric fence. In the app, you locate the base unit / charger. It draws a circle around your house/location and that becomes the geographic parameter.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is Breck. Not exactly sure what he is, we originally thought Doberman, but really not sure. The story is he was picked up in Texas as a stay taken to a shelter, when his time was up there he got transferred up to colorado where we found him at the local shelter. This coming Sunday will be two weeks since he came home with us.Show us your pet.-20190216_200326-jpg
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

9. Likes LSNAutoDetailing, VISITOR, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    Not exactly sure what he is Show us your pet.-20190216_200326-jpg
    awesome is what he is, congrats on the new addition to your Family!

11. Thanks Coopers ST thanked for this post
    Likes Coopers ST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New pup got on Sunday.

New with our other big sweetie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Brutus, my English Bulldog

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Hey Paul, they are Whistle Pet Tracker (GPS).
    https://www.whistle.com/

Back in 2010 I started with Gen I of "Tagg The Pet Tracker", upgraded to Gen II. Sometime in 2014 Tagg was purchased by Whistle.
    Took them about 6-8 months to upgrade the neglected Tagg infrastructure and work the kinks out, but since then no issues.

They are now on Gen III which is why it's called "Whistle 3". Most competitors work similarly, but this platform has been around for a long time and works quite well.
    I felt Tagg / Whistle was the best solution at least in increasing the chances of a rescue should they get away from me. Knock on wood I haven't had to use it, but it's a good piece of mind.

Everyone asks me if those are bark or shock collars... LOL... No, they're consumer grade gps trackers that work off of geo fencing, once outside the fence, it takes about 3 minutes to trigger an alert. At that point you can fully use the track or update GSP Location features. When inside the GEO fence, there is no tracking and unit goes into power saving mode. You can adjust the geo fence... Mine is the smallest which includes my house/yard and clips the neighbors houses. So probably 300-500 feet circumference is the smallest. For those that have dogs that can be off lead, and work farms and such, you can make the geo fence fairly large. Grey's can't be off lead when not in a fenced area or house.

Hope all this helps!

Edit: Let me expound on GEO Fence. It's virtual, not a real fence or electric fence. In the app, you locate the base unit / charger. It draws a circle around your house/location and that becomes the geographic parameter.
    I second everything you said about the trackers.

When we first got our 2nd rescue, Mocha, she got loose and took us hours to find her. The 1st few times, and the longest to find her was right out our front door. 3 other times she jumped out of a moving vehicle while the window was down. To fix the vehicle issue we got a teather for her collar/harness that snaps into the teather points of your vehicles seats. This paid off on one occasion, after which she never tried again, and after a while we no longer need to use it.

Yes I know, I should have learned my lesson the 1st time she did this any of this. Anyway, I originally got the GPS tracker called Tractive. We weren't very happy with it because it would take forever to locate the tracker, and it didn't update it's position very well. And to top that off, it only used cell communications, so battery life was around 3 days at best. They may or may not have improved their tracker, as it's been a couple of years since we've used it.

We found the Whistle 3 to be smaller, and easier to take on and off the collar to charge. The battery life can last a couple of weeks or longer depending on how much the tracker leaves the wifi areas designated for home. If your on vacation somewhere, expect it to last only a few days at best, so bring the charger with you. Although it doesn't work in real time, the signal does update once every minute or two for tracking when you do need to locate it.

We liked it so much we got one for our other dog Java. They also have integrated activity monitoring in them, so now we can see if they need to be more active or not. FYI, monitoring is $10 a month or $100 a year per device if I remember correctly.

Even though Mocha hasn't run off since I got the tracker, I still like the piece of mind knowing she is where she's suppose to be and safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFire72 View Post
    I second everything you said about the trackers.

When we first got out 2nd rescue, Mocha, she got loose and took us hours to find her. The 1st few times, and the longest to find her was right out our front door. 3 other times she jumped out of a moving vehicle while the window was down. To fix the vehicle issue we got a teather for her collar/harness that snaps into the teather points of your vehicles seats. This paid off on one occasion, after which she never tried again, and after a while we no longer need to use it.

Yes I know, I should have learned my lesson the 1st time she did this any of this. Anyway, I originally got the GPS tracker called Tractive. We weren't very happy with it because it would take forever to locate the tracker, and it didn't update it's position very well. And to top that off, it only used cell communications, so battery life was around 3 days at best. They may or may not have improved their tracker, as it's been a couple of years since we've used it.

We found the Whistle 3 to be smaller, and easier to take on and off the collar to charge. The battery life can last a couple of weeks or longer depending on how much the tracker leaves the wifi areas designated for home. If your on vacation somewhere, expect it to last only a few days at best, so bring the charger with you. Although it doesn't work in real time, the signal does update once every minute or two for tracking when you do need to locate it.

We liked it so much we got one for our other dog Java. They also have integrated activity monitoring in them, so now we can see if they need to be more active or not. FYI, monitoring is $10 a month or $100 a year per device if I remember correctly.

Even though Mocha hasn't run off since I got the tracker, I still like the piece of mind knowing she is where she's suppose to be and safe.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great review. Spot on. Yes, the longer they're outside the GEO fence, away from the base, the more the battery will drain. When my grey's stay with our friend (who fosters greyhounds and is involved in the local adoption agency) I bring the base with me and change the geo fence location.

I don't care much about the activity... I actually have to laugh.. Greys are 45 Mile Per Hour Couch Potato's. 30 seconds of intense sprinting and play, lots of rest and sleep. Think of a cheetah... Their weight fluctuates +3/-3 every now and then, but that's about it. Their genetic makeup is about 99% muscle.

I have to laugh when I get the alert, "Khaki hit her goal today" and I look at the couch and she's out like a light snoring... LOL Yeah, she's really fast... fast a sleep!

I may upgrade to the new units... I'm still on the fence about that, my units are holding a charge and working. Perhaps it's time for a tech-refresh...

17. Likes JFire72 liked this post
Page 19 of 156 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast