autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show us your pet.

Good luck with the IV.

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Good luck! I still miss my cat had her 18 year's but in cat heaven know looking down on us.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Wish you both the best Eldorado2K. Hope she continues recovering.
    Thanks… On a side note, it’s strange how alot of people keep mistaking this cat for a girl. It’s the 4th time this week! Lol. The vet referred to him as her several times, and so did 1 of his assistants.

And my brother of all people knows this cat very well and he somehow called him a her too.Show us your pet.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Hoping all goes well for your cat Eldo. Glad it wasn’t as serious as first thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Good luck with the IV.
    I feel like I cat do extraordinary things with my cats. Giving 1 of them a freaking IV will take the cake. It’s scheduled to happen this afternoon… Gitter dun! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    This shot was taken in 2015, Maxx is in the middle, Misty on the right, and Rocky is on the left, we still have him. Misty lived till 17, the last 3 years on thyroid medication, we thought we were going to lose her at that point, she even lost an eye to an infection for the last year. Maxx lived to 16. When I took this shot, I sent it to my family, who were on a cruise at the time, the first reply I got was from my nephew, he said " you are the ##### master" .

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    1 thing this experience has taught me is that yearly checkups with the vet are alot more valid than I used to think. Up until now I was of the belief that as long as my cats got their initial vaccinations and got fixed at the proper time, along with feeding them a high quality diet that they’d nearly be bulletproof.

Well I learned loud and clear that I was wrong about that. Not only was this health issue a big surprise, but I was unaware that it could’ve been caught in the beginning stages if I would’ve simply visited the vet for check up instead of only going to the vet for a near emergency when the cat was showing visible signs of distress.

That’s the big lesson I’ve learned from this and I plan on letting the vet know how grateful I am for his expertise and I’ll change my beliefs regarding my cats care going forward.

4. Likes dgage, Big Dave, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish you nothing the best Eldo! I have 3 cats myself and they are very good at hiding pain and discomfort. We lost one a while ago to cancer and didn't act until it was too late, still miss him every day.

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eldo, our cat is 18, 19 or somewhere around there (a stray with a collar, no tag and not chipped, that NOBODY would claim) is in renal failure. In humans with renal failure, potassium levels are high but in cats, it’s the opposite. They lose a lot of potassium through urine. My wife has our cat on Renal K potassium powder that we add to his food. Not saying you need to do that, but you could always check with your vet. Hope you little dude improves.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Eldo, our cat is 18, 19 or somewhere around there (a stray with a collar, no tag and not chipped, that NOBODY would claim) is in renal failure. In humans with renal failure, potassium levels are high but in cats, it’s the opposite. They lose a lot of potassium through urine. My wife has our cat on Renal K potassium powder that we add to his food. Not saying you need to do that, but you could always check with your vet. Hope you little dude improves.
    Hope your cat improves or is at least pain free.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Show us your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    His potassium level is currently holding steady. Hopefully it remains that way.

These are the pills they prescribed for him. He’s actually starting to be really good at taking them now. I bought some bacon flavored pill masker. Easy peasy…

I’ve read that this breed [actually Russian Blue cats, which is closely related to him] is genetically susceptible to winding up with weak kidneys. I’m not surprised the cat on the bottle is a gray cat that looks kind of similar to him. All these gray cats are closely related and are somewhat prone to developing kidney issues. Kinda like some cars have soft paint. Lol

We aced the IV injection this afternoon too!Show us your pet.Show us your pet.Thank goodness.Show us your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Hope your cat improves or is at least pain free.
    So far he’s made a dramatic improvement from where he was 1 week ago. He had lost 4lbs. in a matter of a couple of months. He’s regained almost 1lb. so far. Still not 100% but it’s like night/day difference. Thanks!

12. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, SNP209, dgage, JDGolden, MisterSnoop and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    His potassium level is currently holding steady. Hopefully it remains that way.

These are the pills they prescribed for him. He’s actually starting to be really good at taking them now. I bought some bacon flavored pill masker. Easy peasy…

I’ve read that this breed [actually Russian Blue cats, which is closely related to him] is genetically susceptible to winding up with weak kidneys. I’m not surprised the cat on the bottle is a gray cat that looks kind of similar to him. All these gray cats are closely related and are somewhat prone to developing kidney issues. Kinda like some cars have soft paint. Lol

We aced the IV injection this afternoon too!Show us your pet.Show us your pet.Thank goodness.Show us your pet.

So far he’s made a dramatic improvement from where he was 1 week ago. He had lost 4lbs. in a matter of a couple of months. He’s regained almost 1lb. so far. Still not 100% but it’s like night/day difference. Thanks!
    Good news, I still remember giving Misty her thyroid pills for about 3 years, her weight had dropped to about 6 pounds, but was back up to around 14 within 3 months, she got her appetite back big time. When she had her eye infection I had to give her eye drops morning and night, and she fought me everytime.

When they're sick you feel so helpless, but it sounds like you've got a Vet who's on the ball.

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You’re a better man than me. I gave up trying to do the nails on my dog and took him to the vet for that.

16. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On this afternoon's walk, some cattle escaped the farm and were enjoying the park we walk through, Buster & Ziva were real interested.

18. Likes Bosko, DFB, Eldorado2k, SNP209, SWETM and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, our 15 year old Sadie isn't doing well. We are getting close and I'm already heartbroken Show us your pet.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

20. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
Page 108 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast