autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Happy Birthday Tato!

Hey Bud Happy Birthday!!!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so sorry to hear what happened, thankfully you, your wife and Helena are fine! I'll FaceTime you in a little while, jot got home from work/gym...

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Tato!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your family is ok. Wow...what an ordeal. Funny you should post on here today. I was thinking earlier that I hadn't heard from you is quite a while.

I know you were talking about working out of a friend's shop during some of the construction. Any chance you can do that for a while to keep some money coming in?

Post Thanks / Like

Feliz aniversário, my friend! I'm really glad you decided to share this awful situation with your fellow forum members. You're a loved person here, people were worried about your absence. You'll get this through, have faith and don't lose you sanity, your happiness. You know you have an ace in your sleeve, a plan B, right? Please, count on me for whatever you need. RPM

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday !!!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Dear AGO Friends,

I just shed in tears soon after start reading this thread. Thank you, Thank you for reminding and taking your time writing greetings regarding my 33 y/o birthday celebration.

I consider myself truly close (connected) to each one of you and until present we were (still are) only virtually connected:

- but I believe in something bigger, I feel you all in my mind and heart.

We are all moved, feed and motivated by the same detailing 'gasoline'.

God,

I'm sorry for what happened to me. Wish I could be stronger now, forgive my human being limitations.

--------------------------

Here's what's happening to mine and Family's life at present date:

Not long ago, I contemplated my new garage makeover which had set a strong benchmark in my detailing achievements. Many of you were 'by-my-side' sharing happiness from that date.
    My eXtreme Garage Makeover plus some detailing work

Well, in that thread I said someone decided to put a 14 (fourteen) floor, 44 meters high just next to my garage door.

It's now ~20m high, 24 more meters to go

View From inside my Garage, ('BACK VIEW')

Started from Scratch (sub floor), so it took till 20 meters high (1 year and a half) to start becoming EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to be close.

In fact, builders told us it was safe because they were taking all safety care of everything.

We someway 'adapted' to the situation of having a building (construction) next door, and in a mind lapse became unaware of the great danger we were facing.

We're Humans, We adapt to oddest situations, we are sons of adaptation, we are fruit of evolution.

Annunciated Catastrophe:

Although daily we had objects falling issues (construction has it's problems), without victims or major damage, we couldn't be fighting all day and everyday against construction workers because of smaller falling things, we wouldn't handle to complain every single minute all the time to be scratched by them.

It was over my head all this time:

---------

Minutes before what you're going to see bellow, my little darling 3 y/o Helena took this selfie picture with me, although she always insists coming by me while I'm working I tell her to keep inside. Not mainly (but also) because of building but because she understands I'm working with cars not playing, I use tools and so, not a place for children anyway.

Can't help but let her 'Picture, Papai!, Picture!'...

It was just a selfie, she went inside then.

I was detailing the trunk of a Citroen Aircross, my wife had just arrived with vacuum and started cleaning Driver's side of the car.

She was bent with her head/upper body inside the car, back/lowebody exposed.

I HEARD A STRONG CRANK "POWWWWWWWWW!", and the roof of garage started falling over her back. My wife screamed, I could just scream back for her to GET OUT!, we couldn't understand what was happening but thought about building falling on us!

Here's the object that was thrown over us (considered thrown since they weren't using the supposed safety measures they alleged and it was hammered by someone from the seventh floor directly over my wife).

It's positioned were it fell just after hitting the roof and kicking outside.

Could be over any of us at any moment, anytime. How long I was feeling safe but left at lucky's hand?

Talking about lucky, the object hit the only concrete part of the roof and kicked outside: by 1cm to the right it would have passed over the roof and directly over her back. 1 cm. Notice this close shot:

The roof contents destroyed were projected downwards and hit my wife on her back, LUCKILY she escaped with only a 'small scratch'. Thank GOD! I wasn't hit (physically).

That moment I saw my dream being drastically turned out into a nightmare.

Customer car was also hit in the accident. Luckily (Again!) Customer plentifully understood what happened and was really much more concerned about me and wife than the car itself.

Picture order in this thread is not 'fully coherent in a temporal manner' because some I took a day after (roof pics), and this floor pic I took just after taking the car to safety, when I felt I could risk going there to take it out before something worst happened.

To date, we already fixed the car and garage roof, my wife goes fine. Material damage I truly don't consider. Fixing those things haven't solved any of my issues.

At the moment of the accident I called 911 (190 in Brazil) and started a journey for justice that is being lived intensely EVERYDAY till this day.

I now have such a big problem to solve, and I have a life to build again from scratch.

Luckily, we are alive. Unfortunately, we couldn't develop our detailing passion through the last few weeks since we are not willing to be victims of such irresponsibility again.

Enough for now, please ask any detail if you are interested in something I've not said.

Here's the message I received today from Forum, noticing my Absence.

"Hello Tato it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

I know I should have been stronger than all this (I must be) - life goes (will go) on, but I just couldn't come before here to say anything Detailing Related other than what happened to me and my family.

At this moment my life is stuck at the paradigm, Detailing for a living when I don't have a life? Doesn't make sense. Time will cure.

Today I'm 33 year's old, Happy Hearing from you.

Physically, I'm 101 percent;, trying to maintain my integrity. Morally, I'm considered dead.

Not the first time I'm down, will not be the last but it's the Present of situation. Future, we never know, but wish our best from it.

I did my best to keep you all out of this 'Personal Problem' so my silence was to avoid making even more suffering from my suffer.

Put it out, let's see if I feel relieved at least from trying to take it all to myself.

Thank you so much for consideration, and I really appreciate your attention.

Wish to come back soon with better news.

Kind Regards, from Brazil.
    Good morning Rafael!

Well my friend, it is nice to hear from you but would have rather heard from you under more pleasant circumstances. You know that you and your family are in my constant prayers. As you said God is part of it! He will not give you more than you can handle and I am confident that even through the struggles you will come out better and stronger.

Please keep us informed as to the "next chapter" and know that you are not alone. A few major changes are brewing for me as well, so you can find a kindred spirit in those "personal struggles".

Much love and prayers

Claude

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

We all gonna make thru our life and sin, gratitude puts a name on what I have for you.

Went home and my daughter had "planned" (with mother, for sure) a small party, I celebrated life for the 12,045th day - we are fabulous machines.

Congrats to you too, for your __,____th day.

Check your mileage and keep your Health up to date;

And Peace,

So it will be possible to go after the rest.

Best Wishes,

Thank you for everything.

Rafael.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123