I know this isn't auto-detailing-related, but no one knows microfiber like you guys!

So I recently bought two new products to make cleaning my new place a bit easier. Both of these were appealing because they have reusable microfiber pads, rather than disposable pads, which get expensive.
  1. OXO Good Grips Microfiber Extendable Duster
  2. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop

Unfortunately, all of these are proving to be a huge pain to clean. The wet moping pads have a short pile, so they aren't so bad.

The Rubbermaid duster pads, on the other hand, will not release the dirt. I washed them on hot, by themselves, with Tide Free and Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent. I even added some Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash since that works well on my detailing microfibers. I hang-dried them after. Unfortunately they came out really bad. The middle area of the pad has a really short pile, so I don't understand why it's hanging onto the dirt and debris like that. And my floors weren't even that dirty! Not only does the dirt make the pads less effective, but I'm worried I'm going to scratch up the hard wood floors.

The OXO duster head is the worst. This thing has a really long pile. It's like microfiber shag. It cleans great, but it holds the dirt forever. I used the exact same cleaning technique as I did with the Rubbermaid duster pads. Fortunately, with the duster I don't have to worry as much about scratching surfaces.

I have tried picking the stuff out by hand, but it's a lot harder than you'd think on the duster head, plus it's just a pain in the ass. So do you guys have any advice for getting the dirt out of these things? Thanks in advance!