autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mad Men Finale

Post Thanks / Like

Mad Men Finale

Can anyone tell me how the finale ended. I missed the last couple of minutes because of time setting on my VCR. Yes, I still have one of those. The last I saw was Joan starting her business in her apartment. There couldn't have been much left.
    Thanks fellows.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mad Men Finale

I'd watch the end yourself if you can catch it. You can view the episode on AMC's website or check your listings for the next air date. My listings show it at 6:00am this Sunday so you could try to record it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Send me a pm if you really want to know...
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    I'd watch the end yourself if you can catch it. You can view the episode on AMC's website or check your listings for the next air date. My listings show it at 6:00am this Sunday so you could try to record it again.

The episode next Sunday at 0600 is season 2014 1st. Not the one I need to see.
    Thanks anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

What about on demand?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

WARNING ----- SPOILER ALERT ----- IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT

DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Joe, so you saw that Don was at the "retreat" in SF getting his hippie on, right?

Joan didn't go into business with Peggy (although she offered it). She did go into business and become successful at it. She even found the pleasures of cocaine, making a comment about how it "made her feel like she'd just been given some good news". Reminds me of what a fellow told me back in the 80's, saying that "It makes you feel like you've got a secret that you're just dying to tell somebody". She did however break up with her new boyfriend, even though he offered to marry her.

Peggy stayed on at the mother ship and fought for her 'due'. One of the 'boys' had taken Chevalier and she fought for it (to build her cred I reckon). But the real shocker was her an Stan locking lips and confessing their love for one another.

Pete and Trudy ended up on that private jet, flying off to greener grass.

Roger... well he fell hip deep into his new love, Marie. When he was talking to Joan about it he said "“I met her through Megan Draper," “She’s old enough to be her mother. Actually she is her mother.”

The sad part was that young Sally ends up coming home from school and ends up taking up (what will eventually be her full time role) raising her younger siblings (starting by helping her brother in the kitchen before he burns the house down.

Don never came home, never saw his kids, or his "Birdie".
    (Which showed what a DB he really is.)
    He did have a massive panic attack on the phone with Peggy. Made you wonder if he was going to jump off a cliff or something. (Except he couldn't get up off the ground for what seemed like hours.) He was unloading years of guilt, years of (what he felt was) failure to honor the man's name he took.

Don ended up getting into the whole 'vibe' of the introspective experience in that nut place. Just before the end another guy in the 'group' had an opening experience and broke down. Don joined him and they hugged and cried like babies.

At the end he was one with the whole experience, meditating on a Cliffside with the group, all in unison going into a collective.... hmmmmmmmm.

Fade's out and this ad starts up.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Mad Men Finale

I never watched it but did catch some of the reruns last weekend and I will certainly miss Joan
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Joe, so you saw that Don was at the "retreat" in SF getting his hippie on, right?

Joan didn't go into business with Peggy (although she offered it). She did go into business and become successful at it. She even found the pleasures of cocaine, making a comment about how it "made her feel like she'd just been given some good news". Reminds me of what a fellow told me back in the 80's, saying that "It makes you feel like you've got a secret that you're just dying to tell somebody". She did however break up with her new boyfriend, even though he offered to marry her.

Peggy stayed on at the mother ship and fought for her 'due'. One of the 'boys' had taken Chevalier and she fought for it (to build her cred I reckon). But the real shocker was her an Stan locking lips and confessing their love for one another.

Roger... well he fell hip deep into his new love, Marie. When he was talking to Joan about it he said "“I met her through Megan Draper," “She’s old enough to be her mother. Actually she is her mother.”

The sad part was that young Sally ends up coming home from school and ends up taking up (what will eventually be her full time role) raising her younger siblings (starting by helping her brother in the kitchen before he burns the house down.

He did have a massive panic attack on the phone with Peggy. Made you wonder if he was going to jump off a cliff or something. (Except he couldn't get up off the ground for what seemed like hours.) He was unloading years of guilt, years of (what he felt was) failure to honor the man's name he took.

Don ended up getting into the whole 'vibe' of the introspective experience in that nut place. Just before the end another guy in the 'group' had an opening experience and broke down. Don joined him and they hugged and cried like babies.

At the end he was one with the whole experience, meditating on a Cliffside with the group, all in unison going into a collective.... hmmmmmmmm.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msbfN81Gm0

Do you think Don wrote the commercial? I think he is responsible for it. The 'real' McCann firm is who coined that originally. I'm of the opinion the finale was a little cathartic for Don if not a little depressing - nobody truly changes but you can at least feel accepted for who you are among some.

Great show!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=cardaddy;1253191]

DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Great synopsis. It covers it nicely. I guess I didn't miss much after all.
    My VCR does not keep accurate time. It runs a little fast so I must reset the clock every couple of weeks.
    Thanks everyone for your help . It got me out of the dog house.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=custmsprty;1253178]What about on demand?[/QUOTE]

I have never tried that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast