autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the news, Toto. Looks like the boss at BMW is ready to help you out. Seeing the skills you have in detailing, and to save your back..........detailing for the dealership sounds like a good idea (since they have a lift and a nice shop), and driveway detailing on the side when you have the time. But whatever you decide to do, you will succeed. You seem like that kind of a person, with that special drive, in you.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about that Toto. After seeing your work I have no doubt that you will excel if you went independent. It sounds to me that you have a very good thing going at the shop that you work at on the side. Might be time to take advantage of it.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can still handle full-time detailing at 63, which you have demonstrated you can better than anyone else on this board, then go for it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Toto, not fun at all, but your a survivor i guess, like a cat you land on your feet, and sort things out....

Teacher?
    With age you gain wisdom and respect Toto, my best teachers was retired from working and wanted to "give" some wisdom to the kids. they didnt live by the book, and they gave us the "real deal" and those guys was the best teachers i had, and the once i learned most from that i can use today.

Detailing?
    How about starting a detailing class her i Norway, we are low on guys like you here (both AS person.....and skills)

Best of luck to you in finding your/the perfect place.....master Toto
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truls
    Sorry to hear that Toto, not fun at all, but your a survivor i guess, like a cat you land on your feet, and sort things out....

Teacher?
    With age you gain wisdom and respect Toto, my best teachers was retired from working and wanted to "give" some wisdom to the kids. they didnt live by the book, and they gave us the "real deal" and those guys was the best teachers i had, and the once i learned most from that i can use today.

Detailing?
    How about starting a detailing class her i Norway, we are low on guys like you here (both AS person.....and skills)

Best of luck to you in finding your/the perfect place.....master Toto
    Sound like I need to use my frequent flyer points and come to Norway for a teaching session Truls....you're in charge of getting the beautiful Norwegian women for the class LOL.

Thanks to everyone for the nice words. So far, I'm leaning towards detailing and reconditioning full time.

Toto

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear the news. How are you set financially? From the sort of job you had, and being 63, I assume you may have been planning to retire before long anyway. To me this is a blessing in disguise. If you are setting pretty well for retirement, you are sick of the travel, this gives you a great opportunity to do something you enjoy for a couple years full time if needed, and then you can do it part time in retirement for something to keep you busy and give you some added income.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    You should start your own detailing instruction class! I for one would pay to attend!
    Toto you are the master in my eyes!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mon-Fri Job Gone: Maybe It's Time for Full Time Detailing

It's never good news to hear the job goes away but use this time for a new beginning. If detailing is not a job but an enjoyment why not have people pay you to have fun? We started a business out of my hobby. I just made more and sold what I couldn't use. A friend of mine did the same with his hobby and finally quit his job.
    02 F-150 FX4. Got the goodies on the inside so the dings, dents and scratches are next. Still tuning for power. What gas mileage?

Post Thanks / Like

You brought a 2 year old post back.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty funny!....I forgot that I originated the post.

I've reduced my detailing to a few choice customers and am taking a year (or so) to do K9 handling for a private company. The company is growing with a U.S. Treasury contract and now an Army contract, so I'm picking up lots of dog poop

I still check with the AutoGeek site almost weekly cause detailing is still a favorite of mine. And, I've met some super folks on here.

Toto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast