autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AG: The Best Detailing Forum...

AG is the best forum, IMO, b/c the members are just so damn cool. I started detailing this summer and, to be honest, was a bit overwhelmed. I read threads on other forums, watched every CG video on youtube, and joined a couple of forums. I tried posting a couple of times or PMing a member and the responses were indifferent at best, down right jerks at worst. Then I happened on AG. It was a night and day difference: Post/threads have always provided thoughtful, insightful and useful information. The responses to PMs have always been kind and most of the time the member goes above and beyond to help. Two cases in point:
    (1) There was thread on Wheel Woolies vs. Speedmaster brush. A member posted that he had a Speedmaster, used once, and didn't like it. He offered it FREE, just pay shipping. Well, I jumped on that. He noticed that I posted a thread on paste vs. liquid wax and sent me a couple tins of wax (Dodo Juice Supernatural, Pinnacle Black Label Synergy) that he had tried, and liked, but moved on to others.
    (2) I had PM'd a member a couple times about MF towels. I was getting ready to purchase a decent size order (replacing my garbage CG towels) so I wanted to make sure I got it right. He offered to sell me some of his (unused or used a couple times for CHEAP), so I could try them out. I got the package, and not only were there towels, but samples of Menz, aquawax (he read my post on drying aids), sealants, just to name a few.
    So, I just wanted to say thank you to members of the forum for being very cool to newbies and going above and beyond for your fellow (detailing) addicts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AG: The Best Detailing Forum...

Very cool. Yes, this place is tight (to quote Roger and Monica).
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

+3 , From forum members to Customer service , it is hard to top AGO . Nice thread .

Daren

Post Thanks / Like

This forum hands down is número uno, wish I would've known about it a few years back I would've saved a lot of money and time and made way more money!

Post Thanks / Like

You are so correct!! Agreed 100% I am on a few forums and get the same so-so responses or no response at all. As for AGO it is different the responses are very helpful and in many cases you can get product to try out.

Thank you for this post and glad you are 1 happy AGO dude!!

PEACE!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

This forum does have a nice tone. Go on M3 Forums - those dudes will eat you alive. I'm afraid to post there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    This forum does have a nice tone. Go on M3 Forums - those dudes will eat you alive. I'm afraid to post there.

I posted a couple of logical questions, when I first got my M3, and it was a flamefest. I just don't see the use of being a keyboard warrior. Its great that people ,with obviously much more in depth knowledge of a subject, are willing to coach/teach someone vs. trash them. I think guys like Mike Phillips set the tone. This guy is a guru, but very cool about answering questions.

Post Thanks / Like

tenblade, I could not agree with you more. These guys on here WANT you to do good and succeed!

I have gotten away from detailing at the moment, took on a HUGE project installing reclaimed hardwood in my home. Can't complain since I received about 2,100 sqft for FREE, just had to go pick it up. I had to de-nail, clean and sort all of it myself. With that being said, joined a couple forums to get an understanding of how to go about doing the work myself. I left three of the forums as I was told I was not a professional and should never try to do this type of project myself, not even knowing any of my background or capabilities. I asked about how to determine what is good vs bad, what might be usable or might have to be trimmed and possibly machined. Again, told hire a professional and pay big bucks to have it installed. I could go on with more and more examples with specifics, but to your point, the guys here are the BEST!

I can't wait to get this job done so I can get my garage back, cleaned up and start back into doing what I really enjoy.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents, as the guys here always make you feel welcome and offer the advice and encouragement you need.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

@zmanjohn,
    Congrats on the flooring...sounds like a great deal. If that had been AG, the members would have said "post some pics so we can see" and then given some helpful responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast