autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading my 2013 Toyota Rav4 ltd for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 ---- Thoughts????

I like Hondas a lot more than Toyota so you know what my answer is lol. However my mom is on her fourth honda and she will never buy anything else. They have been extremely reliable for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trading my 2013 Toyota Rav4 ltd for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 ---- Thoughts????

@4bidden, thanks for the heads up!

I was actually considering going White this time only because i too thought that a light color would "mask" or "hide" most of the crap that lands on our cars.

Guess I'll stick with metallic gray w/ black interior just like my Rav4 is now.

Although, living out here in the high desert, it is really easy to see a thin layer of dust on the paint even after washing it the previous day.

So did you get your fiancé the sedan model or the coupe?

I'm considering getting the coupe because tbvh, it's Only me & the misses and we are never having any kids or anything like that… it'll just be us.

Like I said previously, I have a LOT of room in the Rav4 that I Never use.
    I think someone sat in the back seats once during the whole year and a half that I've had it.

I usually cram all the groceries in the back seats so they won't roll around in the back cargo area. And yes, I do use the Cargo/Trunk organizers when going shopping and still use the back seats as it is more convenient.

The back tail gate raises automatically when you press a button, but it raises so slowly that it's sometimes an inconvenience just to wait for the door to open.

especially if it's raining or extremely windy and dust is blowing everywhere.

And again, I am NOT a fan at all of all the exterior trim.
    There's just so damn much of it! And living out here in the desert, where the weather can be very unforgiving at times, it makes the trim fade very quickly.
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be much happier in the Accord. My wife was in need of a new car and over the last few months I test drove everything, and I honestly can say that IMO the Accord is the nicest car for the money. She went with a white EX-L 4 cyl. This coming from a person who has driven only Ford's for the last 16 years.
    The V6 is a rocket, and it comes with the 6spd auto transmission verses the CVT in the 4cyl, which to me is good thing. While the CVT's have great attributes, I feel that you are buying the auto industry's experiment at this point (aka reliability would be my concern long term.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadsto View Post
    Check out a Mazda CX5

I did test drive this a little while ago, and although it's a sportier version of the Rav4, i happen to like both the interior & exterior of the Rav more.

just looks classier……..

Again, i'm not a fan of all the exterior black plastic cladding surrounding the entire bottom of the vehicle. ..and i honestly don't like the front grill of the mazda cx5. ..just Too much plastic imho.
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech

Post Thanks / Like

Trading a car for another than is only one year newer is not too smart. You are going to take a bath. I would do it only if I hated the car I was driving.

Why a 2014, why not wait a while and get a 2015, that would make more sense.

Like others who have answered suggest that you drive a new Mazda 3 or 6, or both before you buy a Honda. The auto magazines love the Mazda's.

In any event, I wish you good luck with what ever choice you make

Harv

Post Thanks / Like

slimnib, you bring up a valid point and one that has crossed my mind a few times now.

But after some reading, it doesn't look like the 15' model is going to be much different then the 14's.

Only a handful of changes with a cost increase on added exterior trim.

And fwiw, I can honestly say that I don't "hate" the Rav….. I just know i'd be much happier in something like the Accord Coupe w/a V6

We'll see tomorrow when I go and test drive one….

I'll also be sure to go and check out the mazda 3 & 6 while I'm out as well.
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech

Post Thanks / Like

I think sitting in a Honda is comparable to relaxing on a wood park bench!

Have you driven a Camry?

Post Thanks / Like

No I haven't driven the new Camry yet….they just doesn't appeal to me the way the newer accords do.

not sure really why that is…. especially being a toyota customer for so long.

Anyways, i was able to test drive a few of them today although I wasn't able to drive a manual yet… as they didn't appear to have any Accord w/ manual in the entire state of Az. strange….

I guess they just aren't as popular?

Anyways, after the test drives today, I don't think i'd mind an auto.

There is still a lot of control behind the wheel and nothing seems sluggish.

For those of you who have test driven the accord v6 manuals….what did you think of them over the autos?

15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech

Post Thanks / Like

If you do a lot of stop and go driving I would go with the auto, and you really have to love a Manuel to drive one or you will get sick of it quick. Keep us updated buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend the Mazda 6. It can't compare in HP to a V6 Accord but I think it makes up for it in other areas. I test drove one back to back with an Accord and I like the 6 a ton better. I wound up getting a Mazda 3 but I think I would have preferred the 6 in retrospect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast