autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Deja vu all over again

So it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was putting up photos of a darned scary Copperhead!

And here we go again. This one was over 30"!

CarMomma opened the garage this morning and this little bugger was riding the inside of the garage door up up and away. Then it ended up falling off, bouncing off the cover on the front of my Cadillac and landing in front of it on the garage floor.

Thankfully she caught it out of the corner of her eye. Had she not.... when my son left for work he would have walked between the Caddy & garage door.... likely stepping DIRECTLY ON IT!

Yep, we're changing our address to "Copperhead Road"!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deja vu all over again

My wife would NEVER go in the garage again.(on second thought...can I borrow that snake?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting the willies just reading this encounter.

Time to change out the skivvies...

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

"Copperhead Road", this reminded me of the Top Gear episode where Jeremy was trying to get the rear tires replaced on the SLS AMG and the mayor of the town was there singing and dancing to that song, very funny!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Georgia is great for snakes. A machete is part of my standard load when going to the field...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RottenII View Post
    My wife would NEVER go in the garage again.(on second thought...can I borrow that snake?
    I wouldn't go in the garage again either.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way to keep these things off your property? If we had them up here in Michigan I know I would have been bit by now. Scary stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I can join in on the fun, last month found four black widows outside the front door. Walked out, it was at night, to kill the only one I had seen, looked around realized I had walked further and looked down, saw one about 2" from my leg.

Thankfully only seen them on the property once since then, got the place sprayed last week or so.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.... it was an interesting way to start the day for sure!

Tried to UL photos with BOTH apps and they didn't go. Never have been able to get the Autogeek app to work, it'll go through all the hoopla like it's uploading then it'll give the message "You do not have permission to upload to this forum". Tapatalk usually works (with puny thumbnails) but it didn't work either yesterday morning.

So.... here are a couple.

CarMomma said to tell y'all that SHE will still go in the garage, but vewey vewey cafuweey. (Only because she knows THAT one is dead.) Because I assure you.... when she came and got me out of bed, had we gone back out there and NOT found that snake she would be parking in the driveway and walking out the front door around the house every morning.

Keeping them off your property? I know they make a granular product that's supposed to help. Also I always heard you can sprinkle ground up moth balls and that'll deter them.

Now for the funny and/or weird story, depends on how you wanna' look at it.

After a friendly separation of the snakes head from it's body, placing it in the yard I got to thinking. Thought it would be cool idea to use the skin and have my gunleather guy make me another holster, or perhaps a belt. Sounds good..... right?

They are not hard AT ALL to skin, pretty easy in fact. (Even though I don't hunt, just don't, but the skin would be cool to have.) So I went in the house, rounded up a fillet knife, a new razor blade, a board to stretch the skin on, my cable stapler (so I can remove the staples easier), grabbed a new container of salt (to rub on it to dry in the sun for a couple days) and went back outside all prepared to get gory.

Lo and behold.... IT * WAS * GONE! Well DARN!

We have a pair of Red Shouldered hawks, BIG ONES that live down the hill by the creek (we have 2 acres, 765' of creek frontage). Along with both Barred and Barn Owls. But it's the hawks that are most visible, and you'll find them just lolly gagging around. Keeps us free of all sorts of 4 legged creatures I can tell ya' that. BUT good Lord... they stole my friggin snake!
    Left me with the head if that counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics. Now I look at my garage door when it opens. That is freaky stuff. When I was a kid I was never afraid of snakes and now I cant stand them. Thankfully up here in Michigan it is extremely rare to have a poisonous snake. I have never seen one and spend a lot of time outside. I would be trying out that granular stuff. When I first started detailing as a kid I had a customer bring me a car that had a snake in the engine compartment. Today I would sat no thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast