autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's staying up to preorder the new iPhone?

^ Don't forget Apple's stores which can pretty much help you with anything with the phone. The people their really know the product - try taking your Android phone to Best Buy...Good luck there.

With Apple your getting a cohesive well thought out system of iTunes as well where you can do everything. Your not relying on Google App Store of whatever - to operate your phone.

This system approach/support (like Rupes) is the reason the iPhone remains the #1 phone - and why the Rupes polisher is so popular.

To make a detailing analogy, you can use Rupes polishes, machines, & pads together as a system and its likely you'll get excellent results without any headaches (iPhone) - or you can cobble together X machine with Y polishes, and Z pads...It all may work fine together - or may not (non Apple). Most people just want "easy" and "reliable". Its a lot harder to diagnose / switch out a phone than a polish.

The Apple stuff just works well and is reliable. Japanese cars have been selling on this idea for decades now. I don't care how many megapixels the camera is or what other +5% feature Android has. Most people want their phones for calls, texting, and Internet. Maybe tech people are concerned with every little feature - but they are the minority.

This is why the iPhone will continue to outsell any other phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's staying up to preorder the new iPhone?

secured my Gold iPhone 6p (64GB) at 3:27am from the Apple Store App and have a delivery date of 9/19! I enjoy reading the Apple haters comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's staying up to preorder the new iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Woke up at 2AM to get ours

Silver 64GB for me and Gold 16GB for the wife. We upgrade every 2 years... trade our current phones in to a website like Gazelle or Nextworth and the cost of upgrading is minimal. For instance, my wife will get $150 for her old iPhone 5 and will pay $199 for her new iPhone 6... so $50 to upgrade to the newest model.

Thanks for the heads up on that site I think I might use that if I decide to get the new iPhone. Just not sure which size screen I'll like better so I'm gonna have to wait.

Edit: those sites are legit right? Don't want to get scammed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottdevine View Post
    secured my Gold iPhone 6p (64GB) at 3:27am from the Apple Store App and have a delivery date of 9/19! I enjoy reading the Apple haters comments.
    Funny thing is its just a phone, my droid was ok but its time to cross over to the other side. looking forward to the 19th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    was thinking of upgrading to the new iphone (been do for an upgrade for almost two years) but think i'm gonna go with the new LG G3 instead...
    Thats one sexy beast!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsg03gt View Post
    I can't stand Apple products. I'm probably one of the few that does not own an Apple product.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Same here. I won't buy CrApple products.
    -Aaron
    '15 Subaru WRX STi LE | '12 Chevrolet Cruze

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, the age old iphone-android debates. I can say, I have been an Apple customer to the core (MacBook, iPad, iMac) but always had android phones. On paper, the android phones out-spec the iPhones in all aspects (more mega pixels, better battery life, removable storage, larger resolution screens, etc.) BUT! I tell ya what, last upgrade, I made the jump to the iphone and it's awesome. It works flawlessly always, it never freezes up or requires a hard reset, it isn't "glitchy" like my android phones were it just does what it needs to do very well. I also didn't like that they released so many phones, so often that my android phone was behind technology in like 2 months, lol. If it were a car, I equate the iphone to a Honda accord. Not super exciting, no crazy awesome features, just a great reliable phone that works like it should. Like a Honda accord, not really fun to drive but it's sharp looking, safe and reliable. The androids' more like a European car. Not as reliable, often a bit quirky but a heck of a lot of fun to drive! Just my $.02. I don't consider myself "sheeple" for likeing apple products either, I think that's what people that can't afford apple products say, lol
    I'm a Professional, Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    I used to be a droid guy. My first 3 smart phones were Motorola droids. I now have a 5S I preordered when it came out. My reason for switching is life of the phone. All of my droids started to die with 6 months left before my upgrade. They started to not respond, need hard resets or battery's pulled out to get emails to close, battery life was a few hours. People still use iPhones that are years old without issues. They still work like the day they were new. If I can get 2 years from this phone before it dies or starts I will buy another iPhone without question.
    ^This.^
    I had a Sony/Ericson "smartphone" that p!ssed me off so bad I took it apart to it's smallest pieces before getting an HTC Inspire, as in popping every transistor/resistor off the board, etc. I wanted no one else to have to suffer that little piece of the devils work. Both had the same issues: needing constant SIM card resetting or factory reset because it froze up for whatever reason. My HTC would tell me on a near weekly basis to please insert SIM card...which of course was already in the d@mn phone. AT&T folks at the local stores were nice enough to replace my SIM card several times but this never fixed the issue. They wouldn't exchange my phone either since they said the phone wasn't the problem but instead was the SIM card at fault. When I wasn't getting the SIM card warning I would every month or so have a frozen phone which would need me to reset it before I could use it again. 3 or so years of phone frustration was enough for me.

During all of this fun and adventure my wife kept chiding me to get an Iphone. She has an iPhone that is 4 years old and has never had any issue with it whatsoever. June 2012 I got an iPhone 5 and have had ZERO issues with it.

BTW: My experience with an Android tablet? No better.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

I called verizon last night and got both me and my wife's iPhone 6's and $200 credit for each old iPhone!

Post Thanks / Like

There will always be apple people who swear by there products. And thats cool!! I will say they are a marketing genius' They could literally sell ice to an Eskimo.

With that being said, they are 2 years behind (roughly) on everything.

You wont catch me bashing on an apple product, but wont catch me owning one either

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast