autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's staying up to preorder the new iPhone?

My boy just got his delivered a few hours ago, I took over his iPhone 5s and love it

Post Thanks / Like

You're doing it wrong. The kids get the hand me downs.
    It's not that I have a thick skin, it's really just that I'm too dumb to know when I've been insulted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    I'm still secretly hoping that blackberry makes a huge comeback. If only they would integrate with Android's app market, I would be back with them in a heartbeat. I've had android, windows, apple, as well as blackberry's and so far the blackberry's have been the most reliable for me... I mean... Just look at how awesome this device looks (Even though it will probably have a $1000 price tag):

From an ascetic standpoint, it's a nice looking device. However, I have an employer issued Blackberry I have to carry for work and I HATE the physical keyboard compared to the virtual keyboard on my personal smart phone. Maybe my fingers are just too big, but after a year with the device I still find it very frustrating. I just don't see the appeal of a physical keyboard.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Any of you guys seen this? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhXOgJ8ahA

He must of been gutted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    I'm still secretly hoping that blackberry makes a huge comeback. If only they would integrate with Android's app market, I would be back with them in a heartbeat. I've had android, windows, apple, as well as blackberry's and so far the blackberry's have been the most reliable for me... I mean... Just look at how awesome this device looks (Even though it will probably have a $1000 price tag):

You'd be one of two or three of their last customers! I had the 1st and 2nd generation Palm Treos, rememebr them? Blackberry killed them. That was then and this is now. PS, I hate iPhones I'm a droid guy. 4th generation.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I've used iPhones a ton of android and old blackberry and the new blackberry. None of them satisfy me. I like the blackberry hardware the android software and iPhones for the fact that they don't typically have stupid issues that android did.

Post Thanks / Like

Apple is just like Micro$oft. The advertising and PR (BS) is all the new, new and improved.
    They tell you that you have to have it. They said that about their last release.
    Stating that this is the only one you are going to ever need. Here is another one.
    If people stopped paying the high cost maybe they would produce a better product
    that actually worked as advertised.
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MI Mike View Post
    Apple is just like Micro$oft. The advertising and PR (BS) is all the new, new and improved.
    They tell you that you have to have it. They said that about their last release.
    Stating that this is the only one you are going to ever need.
    Where does Apple say "you have to have it" or "it's the only one you are ever going to need"?

It's just a product for sale like anything else. Market forces will dictate if it's good or not. If it's not good - it won't sell. If someone makes a better one cheaper - it will replace it. That's what happened to Palm and Blackberry - the products sucked & they went away.

But, nobody has made a better phone. That's why the iPhone outsells them all - probably combined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Where does Apple say "you have to have it" or "it's the only one you are ever going to need"?

It's just a product for sale like anything else. Market forces will dictate if it's good or not. If it's not good - it won't sell. If someone makes a better one cheaper - it will replace it. That's what happened to Palm and Blackberry - the products sucked & they went away.

But, nobody has made a better phone. That's why the iPhone outsells them all - probably combined.
    "Better" is a relative term to what the person is looking for out of a device. In my individual case an android works far better for me than an iPhone and offers other applications that are free with them but not in the app store on the iPhone. Does this mean the iPhone is a bad device? No, just other devices fit my needs a little better. Also, Blackberry didn't suck, it just didn't keep up with the times as a smartphone that was designed for users outside of the business world. To this day no other device offers security that BES offers. Even with the world adopting secure SMTP, and other email protocols they are much easier to tap into than a properly secured BES server. That's why a lot of agencies that rely on secure communication still rely on Blackberry products from RIM.

Lastly, the iPhone sells a lot of devices, probably the most in terms of singular device out of all the smartphones available. But then again that has a lot to do with the fact that iOS is limited to very few pieces of hardware out there. Comparing Android to iOS, Android has more of the market share, but that is spread out over dozens of devices. If iOS was available on beefier hardware such as a quad core processor, and doubled the available RAM, I'm sure that device would sell more than that of less capable (hardware wise) apple devices.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM]iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test - YouTube[/video]

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast