autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking to open a Detail Shop in NJ...possible partnership

Hey Gang...I'm not sure if there's any interest or someone planning to do the same thing, but if so, it would be great to talk to you.

I'm looking for a partner(s) to start a Detailing shop in New Jersey. I have plenty of prior experience in detailing, running a business, customer service, etc. . . I had a detail shop in NJ for many years and I now do mobile detailing. I am also a car enthusiast with strong ties in the automotive industry/car scene.

Though it's been good, I'm thinking about opening another shop in NJ.
    I need a few people who are serious, eager, trustworthy and motivated to succeed.

If you have any interest, questions, etc. . . please reach out to me. Also, a little info. about yourself/background would be grateful.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to open a Detail Shop in NJ...possible partnership

where in nj

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, where in NJ? What's your idea, minivans, high-end, production, what?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys...Ideally I would like to open something in Central Jersey with a higher clientele in mind. I've been doing some research and would really like to tackle a higher household income area to offer great services such as, hand washes, detailing, clear bra, tint, vinyl wrapping and things of that sort.
    Although, I would be willing to open something elsewhere since I believe this idea/plan can be transported almost anywhere.
    In most cases, in higher income areas, rent/leases are higher but I believe with a small team of partners/investors with a like minded and common goal this might be a small task. Offering some or all the above services could potentially cover most bases, with many higher end customers that own/lease newer vehicles, more disposable income and many more vehicles in there garages.
    A small super group could be formed (lol), tackling social media, advertising, etc...which we all know is a thorn to detailers.
    Also, I believe there are many detailers that want to open up a shop, but for whatever reason have not. This might be a good time to start thinking about partnering up if possible.

Let me know your thought, ideas, comments.

Post Thanks / Like

So...what are we talking, in the Princeton area? For starters, there is some competition in that area already with a member who posts here, there is surely a limited number of customers for high end detailing, if you know what I mean. In the same vein, is there enough money in a business like this for multiple principals/partners?

Are you currently in NJ? Does your current mobile business cater to high-end customers?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

why are you looking for a partner? or are you looking for a investor? Partners can be a good thing or a very bad thing. More times then not, it turns out to be a bad thing. Make sure everything is in writing. Even if you think you can trust the person, sometimes people forget what they said, or misunderstand what is said. Always have a plan, especially a plan out.....

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in flemington NJ (central). I'll be happy to work for you part time for high end details. PM me for more info.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm from flemington as well. I now live in Monmouth junction off rt 1. If more part time help is needed please pm me

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you currently do mobile detailing? Monmouth ocean? I may be able to assist you with this as my family owns a car dealership and we have a detail department that only does our cars.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    why are you looking for a partner? or are you looking for a investor? Partners can be a good thing or a very bad thing. More times then not, it turns out to be a bad thing. Make sure everything is in writing. Even if you think you can trust the person, sometimes people forget what they said, or misunderstand what is said. Always have a plan, especially a plan out.....
    I'm not really set on either. If a great situation does arise, I guess I would have to weigh them both out. I believe a partner will help in our day to day routine, share equal responsibilities to succeed since hopefully we share the same passion. I not only want to run the business but I enjoy getting dirty detailing. I enjoy working on cars and don't only want to be consumed running the business side of things.

And I agree, everything would be put in writing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast