autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calling All Military Members!

Army , 66 -69 Veitnam 68-69 . 69 th eng . Thanks to everyone who served before me , with me & and after me. God bless this country !!!! I LOVE IT !

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You to all the Veterans (past & present) and current active Men & Women (and the Deceased, RIP) who have or are serving in the Military!
    It's a crying shame when you see homeless Vets, this song came to mind...
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5TOX8QuiWQ[/video]

Yeah, you're abandoned,
    so sorry, you're just a waste of their time,
    yeah, you've been lied to once again,
    yeah, well, they've paid you no,
    where are we, where are we now?
    Where are we, where are we now?
    Old woman, have you seen your better days,
    are you feelin' so alone,
    well, the times they all have changed,
    forgotten,
    hungry and cold,
    veteran, are you satisfied with life,
    are you sleepin' on concrete,
    are you forgotten and alone,
    poor, homeless in this country,
    where are we, where are we now?
    Where are we, where are we now?

Hey senior, have you been taken past your prime,
    have you been taken advantage of,
    are you forgotten,
    tired and poor by the ones you've voted for,
    yeah, you're abandoned,
    yeah, well, they've paid you no mind,
    yeah, you're abandoned,
    yeah, well, they've paid you no mind

The slavery of poverty,
    no one should be hungry in this country,
    enough to feed,
    to medicate,
    to clothe the backs and housin' for families,
    the cuts in care and Medicaid leads me believe our government just doesn't care,
    we send our aid,
    our misspent funds,
    Americans hungry livin' in the gutter

The cuts in care and Medicaid leads me believe our government just doesn't care,
    we send our aid,
    our misspent funds,
    Americans hungry livin' in the gutter

Where are we, where are we now? [2x]

Yeah, you're abandoned,
    yeah, well, they've paid you no mind,
    yeah, you're abandoned,
    yeah, well, they've paid you no mind
    (Yeah yeah yeah) [3x]
    (Yeah yeah)

3. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ttt
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Field Artillery 13B, 2-15 Battalion, FT. Drum, NY, 2007-2010, Iraq, Army, E-5.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

USAF, 1992-2000 SSgt (E5)

8. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Army
    66-68
    E-5
    Supply Sgt

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

USMC 67-70 3rd Mar. Div.
    Vietnam 68-69 ICorps (Dong Ha)
    Field Radio Operator
    E4

12. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Calling All Military Members!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    Thought I'd shout out to all the Veterans, Active Duty, Reserve, and former military folks here to learn who is who in the zoo!

If you would, go ahead and post what branch of service, units, years served, MOS, ranks, and anything else you wish to share with the group. Doesn't need to contain ALL of this but figured it was a good way to start. We can also share some of those places out there who honor military discounts on anything or even share a funny photo you may still have of your time in the service!

My pic was taken at Abu Ghraib Prison at the height of the scandal there. We were first Marine unit there who took control of all perimeter security, QRF, and convoy security. Needless to say it was a serious hornets nest in 2004!

Holy Smokes!!

I truly cannot believe I ran across this Thread I started way back in June 2014!!

Thank you ALL for posting up your personal info here, on a thread I probably have not seen in just about 4 years! Wow. Im speechless everyone!

I truly hope ALL of you (and your families & friends) had a very enjoyable, yet reflective Memorial Day this past Monday. Perhaps you had cookouts on Sat or Sun with people, and like I did on Sunday - held a short 15-30 second Moment of Silence to remember WHY we have this day in the first place? Sorry but I have to say this......I've come to dislike those who always use the term "Ultimate Sacrifice" in their description of our fellow Servicemembers who died fighting for our Flag, Country and way of life. Matter of fact, I know the intentions are well, the celebrities are present, and entire event can truly bring a tear to your eye - BUT the annual Memorial Day TV Show / Concert given at the steps to our US Capitol is now overcooked! Reading from a teleprompter are NOT true feelings, they're prepared that way. Even the great Gary Senise gives a super concert and has always been a supporter for Troops, now just seems too "Scripted" (And again - Only in my personal opinion- they all seem to come off as phony) Said that to my wife while watching it again this year, but the 30 people I had over during the whole afternoon made it a great gathering of friends, memorialized w laughter, great food, and hugs! I am 90% sure each one of you reading this had some sort of event you attended as well, and I truly hope it was a great time had by all! And then there is always this question which rings in our ears (Not ours, but mostly OTHERS!"

What'''s the Difference Between Memorial Day and Veterans Day? Here'''s the Simple Explanation | Inc.com

Now back to this Forum!!
    As I said, Its been years since creating this thread and SOOO much has gone down since then!
    For the very first time in my life I am "Bikeless" without a precious Ducati sitting in my garage. I sold my very last one (my 8th) January of this year, and it was off a Forum like this (Ducati.Org) that a man from SoCal swept it away from me more so with his words, promise to love and care for it as much-or more- than I did too! I out SOOOO MUCH love into it with every high end accessory known to man. Carbon Fiber is my love, and to extremes I go!
    Not to come off as conceited or make this about me,. me, me - I thought I would share this article written by the Co who was so kind and generous to me by helping me build my very last Ducati Project. The Owner of this Co donated a set of 3k Carbon Fiber Wheels to me which STILL brings tears to my eyes (I will follow that up again here shortly!) Anyone interested in reading a bit about me, my career in the Corps, or see pics of this bike. Please read:

Retired Marine Corps First Sergeant Rolls with BST – Brocks Performance

Since selling this, my only Hobby, I searched high and low trying to find something to replace this huge void. I Test Drove more cars this past April that I ever had in my life! I had to find something as a new hobby & love- don't we all have one?
    Yes, I still have my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins w 190k on it, but stilll looking as new as the day I bought it the very week I returned from Iraq! With help from folks on this forum I continue to Detail it often since its too big to fit into my garage! Thanks to the Porter Cable 7424XP Buffer system, and my personal fave products (Pinnacle) I keep that beast looking as mean as ever- and of course dumping thousands into it for Mods too! ...But I had the Need For Speed folks!!!
    I test drove: Corvettes, BMWs, Audi, Vipers, ALMOST pulled the trigger on a brand new 2017 Mustang Shelby GT350 (Which the GM friend of mine let me take it for 4 hours- ALONE!) It brought back so many memories of being a LCpl (E-3) at Camp Lejeune , NC - that sound is so awesome! On my way home from putting a deposit on it, to check on Insurance Rates, and get that open ended check from NFCU, I stopped in to see my other good friend at the Lexus Dealer we got 3 cars from for my wife. I had NO idea Lexus even made a V8 until last Month! He let me take a White / w Red Leather Interior out, and overnight just to see how cool this Lexus RCF is. I was speechless my friends! (Yes, Im trying to make a long story short)
    After I found it, They were going to get me the very last Ultrasonic Blue Exterior w Circuit Red Interior RCF in the US from a Dealership in Brooklyn and wanted to charge me 65k for it.
    Looked at the Lexus of Brooklyn Website and called the Italian Sales Manager Anthony Tranquellino DIRECT and offered him a whopping 57k for the car, which he laughed. (Of course I told him my Dealer wanted 60k instead) He finally accepted 58k for a killer 479hp V8 Luxury Coupe which, wait for it............Had a friggin sticker price of 76k (which I still have possession of too!) LMFAO
    Took an Amtrak to Penn Station NYC where he had a driver waiting for me, signed ze papers, fed me a Turkey Club & Cappachino, and I drove 5 hrs home with a going the whole ride!
    Yes I LOVED the Shelby GT350, but Im too old for another Manual Shift Car- Unless I wish to use it on this RCF on the Stick or Paddle Shifters which REALLY makes this car Rip - as a 2nd vehicle that does not see bad weather that it!

Only had this car a little over 30 days and lost count of how many times its been washed with Quality Products from this great AutoGeek Site (They need too stop these specials, its eating up my Disability Pay!) Having a local Co do a FULL PPF "Clear Bra" & Ceramic Coating done in 2 weeks- which will of course change the way I wash, and polish the car w such great Suntek PPF on it- Correct?? Anyone with some PPF Maintenance Help- Pls PM me some good gear if ya would please?

OH- forgot to tie in the comment above on the true generosity of folks out there!. The truly unreal, awesome folks at MetroVac donated their absolutely phenomenal "Air Force Master Blaster" to me so I don't have to exert myself drying this beauty! I cried so had when they informed me of this after telling them a bit of my story, and being 100% Service Connected for the numerous injuries suffered by the last IED Blast in Iraq. I am eternally grateful to them, and all the others out there who offer those of us "Military Discounts" - which are truly a "Privilege" and NOT a "Right" by any means! (Any Member still reading this, and who owns one of these Master Blasters-Please reach out to me for help? Other than plugging it in, and the obvious blower end, Im unfamiliar with such a stunning piece of equipment. Please help an old Jarhead out if ya would?)

So my friends, fellow Veterans, Servicemembers, and fellow AutoGeek Members. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the 16 pages of Posts here on a Thread I forgot existed! My sincere apologies, yet Im glad you all carried on!
    Its a true pleasure to be amongst such a great group, within w group, and most of all- Thank You for taking the 10-15 minutes out of your day to read this novel of mine, written by an old Marine First Sergeant!
    Hope ya don't mind me posting some pics of the new Lexus RCF. I'd love to hear from other RCF owners (Please PM me!) , and helpful ways to keep it pristine! (Even better than showroom condition thanks to AutoGeek Gear!)

Semper Fidelis !

Gunny

PS. Seems I cannot Attach pics right now. As you know who said....."I'll Be Back!"

14. Likes oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gunny! Great story! I had never seen this thread until someone updated it recently. Sorry to hear about your Ducatti but glad you got yourself into a sweet RCF. Not much to know about Suntek Ultra, just wash it as normal and blow dry. I have a full frontal on my Mustang. Lets keep the thread going!

16. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Hey Gunny! Great story! I had never seen this thread until someone updated it recently. Sorry to hear about your Ducatti but glad you got yourself into a sweet RCF. Not much to know about Suntek Ultra, just wash it as normal and blow dry. I have a full frontal on my Mustang. Lets keep the thread going!
    BROTHER, YOU JUST TOTALLY MADE MY DAY!! (And it was really turning into a bad one too! - VA.....

Errrra!

18. Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast