autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Armor All Tire Foam

Had to mention again how great this stuff is, Trim Restorer and other products even from Duragloss never worked well on any of our vehicles trims. Armor All Tire Foam though rocks, the cleaning action is great and it leaves a nice, dry, freshly dressed trim look that beads water off and last. Best part is you can use it before washing and leave sit, then wipe/wash off anything that got on the paint (doesn't stain and is easy to remove even with qd'er). Sideview mirrors, wiper cowel, rear bumper, engine etc, works great on anything and safe too use.

This is what I've been using for a long time, none of the other trim stuff seems to work.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Best part is you can use it before washing and leave sit, then wipe/wash off anything that got on the paint (doesn't stain and is easy to remove even with qd'er). Sideview mirrors, wiper cowel, rear bumper, engine etc, works great on anything and safe too use.
    That's a great idea, thanks! I agree, the product works great.
    Cars to be detailed:
    2006 Pontiac GTO, Spice Red Metallic, 6-speed, 17" wheels - minor swirls, overall good condition
    2006 Honda Accord coupe, Black Pearl, 5-speed - Paint in bad shape, tons of swirls and water marks, sat on a dealer's lot for nearly 1 year

1997 Subaru Legacy GT wagon, Red, automatic - Crappy re-paint to begin with, much improved, may need XMT #4 on the roof

Post Thanks / Like
    For my black trim eventually I'll use one of the dyes as faded trim is just going to happen in the FL sun even with protection. But Armor All Foam works great on it, but mainly I used it b/c of my grey trim as theres no dye or similar product for the color I have.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Surfer, does aa have silicone in it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    Hi Surfer, does aa have silicone in it?
    They switched to a waterbased formula years ago, the old stuff was crap. The foam seems like any other foam spray, definitley not greasy which other silicone products do. It drys dry, and it has good cleaning action.

I use the Regular version, I think they have 1 ot 2 above it that are shinier, but I love the Regular version. Ask Justin and any of the other pro-detailers that use it, excellent product. Wish AG carried it lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    They switched to a waterbased formula years ago, the old stuff was crap. The foam seems like any other foam spray, definitley not greasy which other silicone products do. It drys dry, and it has good cleaning action.

I use the Regular version, I think they have 1 ot 2 above it that are shinier, but I love the Regular version. Ask Justin and any of the other pro-detailers that use it, excellent product. Wish AG carried it lol.
    Thanks Surfer, does the can say regular version or is there some kind of logo on the can to identify it?

Post Thanks / Like
    That used to be my sole and only tire shine, Now I use the AA gel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    Thanks Surfer, does the can say regular version or is there some kind of logo on the can to identify it?
    Can't remember, its in the garage and to tired to get and walk to it and look lol. Pretty sure it says Regular on it, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    That used to be my sole and only tire shine, Now I use the AA gel
    AA Extreme Gel is pry my favorite overall tire dressing, cheap, and works excellent with good durability. Little goes a long way (bottle seems to last forever), 1st time I used it I spread it on and it just looked like nothing special...put another coat on thinking I didn't use enough, and about 15 minutes later damn, was a bling bling tire lol. One thin coat is all thats needed.

AA Tire Foam and Extreme Gel are definitley must have products. The tire foam is really impressive though, it cleans good, and leaves an awsome dry sheen that last. Especially if your a pro-detiler, perfect product to have to keep tires up, clean and protect engines etc.
    Last edited by Surfer; 07-28-2007 at 08:12 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta close post as outside products on AG , sorry ! I too use the sprays in wheelwells however.

Scott