autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiper Blade Refills?

Hello All,
    Yesterday, I took a trip to my local CARQUEST, hoping in getting a fresh bottle of Duragloss Aquawax (they were out, bought the Marine Detailer instead) and wanted to buy a fresh pair of Wiper Blade Refills for my Daily Driver.

This was essentially the last bastion of acquiring such, and the fella at the counter told me they don't carry them anymore, and that even the Wharehouse no longer stocks them.

Guess that's it for buying just the Refills, no other Parts Store, or Wally World here carry them anymore.

Any suggestions-advice?
    Thanks, Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    What about D120? I don't know if its ok to do so but at least it'll turn blue lol. Plus it's concentrate too. Idk just thinking out loud.

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12001.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wiper Blade Refills?

You're talking about the rubber refill part instead of buying the whole blade? I gave up on that a long time ago. I got hooked on Triple-Edge back when they used to sell them at Wal-Mart, now they only seem to sell direct. For my money they give the same performance at half the price (of course that price now includes shipping). Of course they don't have blades for every car--the ones for my "frameless" wipers didn't fit, and I had to go to the dealer for those.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you are near a costco. I just bought 2 sets there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen those in years unfortunately, which means our old cars with stainless wiper arms have old blades in them still. Honestly I have not looked because rain-x does such a good job on the extremely curvy 50's and 60's chrysler windshields.
    I have been ordering my wiper blades from Rockauto online. I usually place a big maintenance order for all the DD's including wiper blades/ oil filter, and sometimes a cabin air filter. The prices are hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

What make of vehicle are we talking about here? I know Honda sells refills for my Element.

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your location (s), O'Reilly auto parts does still sell the refill. Just don't expect to walk in and purchase them for "your" vehicle, take an old one with you to match. And yes, I manage one of their stores so if anyone at the counter argues with you, they shouldn't be working there!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the last time I saw refills in a retail store.

For my cars, the only place I can get refills is at the dealership, but even then it's only for the rear wiper, not the fronts. The too only sell the full assembly. The kicker is the refills at the dealership cost more than buying an OEM spec assembly made by the same manufacturer who supplies the auto maker.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried rain-x blades. I didn't like them. They would not lock on the wiper arm. I typically use the bosch icon's. The costco near me carries the goodyear blades. They have been pretty good. They were also pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

dealers are usually the best bet for refills. i was buying them from the local Honda dealership for my wife's car until recently.

yes, dealers are expensive. but it's a cheap part, esp. vs. buying the loaded units in the parts store. and if you can get set up as a cash account at the dealer so you can get 15-25% off list, even better.

for dealers where i don't have a cash account, i am friends with a body shop manager down the street. he orders parts for me, they deliver to him and he flows the parts to me for less than list. i don't even have to drive anywhere except to his spot. it's great.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast