autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone,
    I love the Autogeek site and think all of your cars and trucks are beautiful. I need to solicit some advice from the experts out here. I am the proud owner of a 2007 FJ Crusier, the Black Diamond colored model and know nothing about maintaining a black vehicle. Any words of wisdom? Thanks and happy trails to you all. Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    sell it quickly a buy another color !! (joking) At least is has a white roof, that should make it easier (Not).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...read.php?t=506

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Be prepared to work hard to keep it looking nice.

Thats my advice.
    *Signature removed by admin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond
    Hey Everyone,
    I love the Autogeek site and think all of your cars and trucks are beautiful. I need to solicit some advice from the experts out here. I am the proud owner of a 2007 FJ Crusier, the Black Diamond colored model and know nothing about maintaining a black vehicle. Any words of wisdom? Thanks and happy trails to you all. Tom
    Black D,

Welcome to the forum. I new a well, and have a new SAV. she a beaut. I have the same concerns too. I have the Toledo Blue 06' BMW 4.4i with Beige Inter.. my biggest concern is that I oversea in Bahrain and the temp's here are mostly off the board. btwn 104 in the shade. and 118 in direct sun light. and with sand and dust blowing everywehre. it hard keeping the X5 clean for 12HRS...My life has change since the new SAV is a part of the family. like take care of a baby. so I am look for the help you are search for as well.

Wood56

Post Thanks / Like
    Black is difficult to maintain if you don't constantly do upkeep on your vehicle. It is going to look dirty, and there is no way around it. Hope you like to wash/clean. Cool purchases for both of you. Congrats and welcome to the boards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for words of wisdom folks. Hey Wood56 where the heck is Bahrain anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey let me know what you think of the FJ. I keep seeing a couple around here including one that looked like it came with some kind of offroad package (had BBS wheels and meatier tires). I like that they come 6 speed manual form as well. I'm trying to talk my sister into it (so I can have a little play toy around lol) but she still wants that new 335 turbo comming out.

Post Thanks / Like

FJ Cruiser

Hey Surfer man, Whats happening in Boca I used to live on nw 72nd st for eight years anyway I have only had it one full day so far but I love it. It drives like a caddy and handles like a Porsche. The 239 horses gets up and goes and with the six on the floor, nice.... It would be a nice toy to cruise up A1A or down to South Beach along A1A. I'll try to get a pic up soon. I have the stock tires which I think are 31" they look nice but I want the 33's. This is my first real 4x so I am still learning on whats best for my new love. I guess thats why were here. Peace Blackdiamond FJ Cruiser in Medford,Ma.
    Last edited by blackdiamond; 06-11-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for words of wisdom folks. Hey Wood56 where the heck is Bahrain anyway?
    75-80 miles from Kuwait city...

W56

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Surfer man, Whats happening in Boca I used to live on nw 72nd st for eight years anyway I have only had it one full day so far but I love it. It drives like a caddy and handles like a Porsche. The 239 horses gets up and goes and with the six on the floor, nice.... It would be a nice toy to cruise up A1A or down to South Beach along A1A. I'll try to get a pic up soon. I have the stock tires which I think are 31" they look nice but I want the 33's. This is my first real 4x so I am still learning on whats best for my new love. I guess thats why were here. Peace Blackdiamond FJ Cruiser in Medford,Ma.
    No sh!t? Off 2nd ave near Boca Lake Estates and Hidden Valley? We live across the beach off A1A. Yeh I really like the FJ, ex-gf's brother has a bad ass lifted 96' Land Cruiser and picked up an older FJ I think to redo. Check his site LandCrusher.com . We have an 05' LX470 with just a dual exhaust, but trying get momma dukes to lift it Not going to happen lol, still rips in stock form. I usually take it to meet clients instead of my truck, it's funny seeing their reaction when we drive off and they hear the iforce V8 growling in a Lex.

I'm almost thinking of picking up the new FJ if my sister doesn't get one to have around, I really like it. Plus we know one of the guys at King Toyota so.....
    Last edited by Surfer; 06-12-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast