autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hey man,
    The FJ now has 100 miles on it and I just bought a duster for the pollen, Am i gone or what. We lived at 408 nw 72nd in Hidden Lake. I miss that place. I dont want to kill the topic. Is Bostons still up in DelRey on the beach? Do you experience bad bouts with tree pollen in S. Florida? I can't memba.
    Having some rock rails installed this week then its off the Maine or New Hampshire. To find an old dry river or something . I am dying to put this beast to the test. Slowly, and with guidance as this is my first, "like a virgin, hey." The FJ has a nice sound. Do you think I should put "duallys" on it. Took it slowly down Newbury St tonight all glossy and gangstered out. The stereo really kicks too man. I have never owned a vehicle with a louder factory system. The roof looks chopped and the interior is very affordable,roomy. Seats have "Stainguard" too. Well, Hang ten my surfer friend.
    "HANG TOUGH ..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Detailer
    Haha. Be prepared to work hard to keep it looking nice.

Thats my advice.
    Amen. Welcome to the boards. The Ladies (especially) and gents are outstanding and some of the finest detailers I've ever met.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup Boston's is still there across the beach. Atlantic Ave is pretty f'n nutz now. I'm usually over at Neighborhoods Sports Bar and Grille on Federal right near where you lived. Pollen isn't bad here basically none, at least near the beach. Though about a week or two ago we had a ton of rain and there was an insane amount of those floaty white fuzzy looking seed things in the air, can't remember the last time it was like that. Fine now.

That's what I like about the truck, nice and comfortable but simple. Plus it has a manual trans. If you going to dual it out, check CGSmotorsports.com , hands down the best exhaust around. I've run a bunch from Flows to Magnaflow to Borla etc, only thing that touches our V8's now is CGS mufflers lol. Just a very deep and agrressive sound w/o being obnoxious. I'm having a custom system put on one of my trucks tomorrow, even the Lex has a custom CGS dual exhaust.

Do the FJ's come w/ an offroad package? B/C one I saw had some meaty tires on BBS wheels that looked similar to the BBS wheels that were optional on Seqouia's/Tundras and I think newer 4Runners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond
    Thanks for words of wisdom folks. Hey Wood56 where the heck is Bahrain anyway?
    Bahrain is an Island, roughly 4 times the size of Washington DC, that lies about 15 miles offshore from Saudi Arabia in the Persian Gulf. Lived and worked over there in the Middle East for many years and know the area well.

Post Thanks / Like

Words of wisdom

Thanks again for all of the feedback everyone. Well now I have gone from not washing my Tacoma, my last truck, to washing this FJ twice now. Not too bad. Having the white top helps. Thanks Mike T I went out and spent a good hundred dollars at PEPBOYS over the w/e. Surfer, you asked if the FJ came in an off-road version, I'm not terribly sure but have also heard something about a TRD version, who knows . I'll check out those CGS pipes. We get that white snow flake looking pollen frequently along with this greenish mist. The stuff gets everywhere. But my solution is a quick cold water rinse and cruise dry.
    Bahrain sounds like a beautiful place, BritOn2wheels how's the fourwheelin . Abrcrombe, Thanks and you're right even the slightest amount of dirt shows up AND looks twice as big. Arrrrghhh. I'll be allright. HANG TOUGH
    "HANG TOUGH ..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond
    BritOn2wheels how's the fourwheelin .
    Sorry Buddy, 4 Wheels is 2 Wheels too many!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12