autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost one today

Post Thanks / Like

Lost one today

I had a potential customer call and schedule an appointment after I quoted 115.00 to her. She calls back 10 min later and says she has to cancel because another guy does it for 30.00! I was caught off guard then pissed off lol. I told her they dont use high quality products like I do and good luck. She acknowledged she might end up coming to me if the other doesnt do a good job.

Xtreme Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel I hate it when people chicken out and run for the so call cheap detailer but don't feel bad cause you know you does high end work at a fair price also you warned her and if she come back to you complaining about what a bad job he/she did just listen but be saying to yourself I told you so

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost one today

Sorry for her! Her loss.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abram86 View Post
    I had a potential customer call and schedule an appointment after I quoted 115.00 to her. She calls back 10 min later and says she has to cancel because another guy does it for 30.00! I was caught off guard then pissed off lol. I told her they dont use high quality products like I do and good luck. She acknowledged she might end up coming to me if the other doesnt do a good job.

Xtreme Auto
    That tactic might make you feel good for a moment, but speaking poorly of a competitor and wishing the Customer "good luck" will not build your business in the long run.

A better sales tactic is to very briefly explain:

"I hope it turns out well for you

There are different levels of detailing

The package you selected takes X hours

I am very proud of the work I do, so if you are not happy with Joe's Detailing, I would be happy to see if I can help.

Have a Great Day!"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abram86 View Post

Xtreme Auto

U have to know people will go for the cheaper deal when they want to save a buck. However, they are getting a cheaper service and u have to be ok with that. U don't offer that for them,,do u?

Now, do u eat steak and lobster every night? Probably not, so when u go to a fast food place u know u are compromising quality for price. Don't worry, every1 wants to live it up once in a while and when they eat enough Mc D's eventually they will want that steak and lobster.

Make sure when she does come to u after this other detailer hacks her up that u are nice n polite. Show her your products and tools. Let her feel your towels, and explain ur set up and process. Take ur time with her. I bet that alone will give her a different feeling other than that of the hack detailer.

U build value in yourself by showing the passion and knowledge not by downgrading or talking bad of the other guy (even though u are thinking it LOL).

Along with that, u will have to turn down work many times as u must hold ur ground for the prices u are asking. U decide what ur time is worth. Good luck and don't be down or upset. It happens in all bizz all across the board. Some1 is always undercutting some1 else. That's the game we play in.

Post Thanks / Like

Bad news for her, your new price list has just come into effect!

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest you don't want customers like this! I just let them go she is only looking for a deal and nothing else. I set my prices higher than everyone else by me so people like her don't call. Even when I first started out I didn't care about customers like this. I call people like that "Deal Hunters" and the production shops can have them.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good example of "you get what you pay for". Quality comes with a damn cost. People will always learn it the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean?

Xtreme Auto

Post Thanks / Like

I tell people that my work speaks for itself. I can't start to tell you how much people ask me how much to do their car then after I tell them how much it would be then they never get back to me. Just stick to your guns and keep perfecting your craft. The jobs will come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast